• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Suppose Greene will be the next "talent" to leave Ballymore if not given a chance soon.

If Jake is the "chosen one" Greene will have to move to get his real shot at Super 15 and above.

You'd have to hope that they will bring in a quality 10 for next seaon (maybe even Quade). If so, one of MacIntyre/Greene will go.

I'd support Greene getting a chance to make a statement before that decission is made.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
well realistically you cant keep them all. your point i suppose, is have the wrong ones been kept and the right ones let go or not wanted ?

More just answering the question USA Rugger asked.

Everyone will have an opinion on which ones were rightly/wrongly let go. There is some real quality on that list though.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Suppose Greene will be the next "talent" to leave Ballymore if not given a chance soon.

If Jake is the "chosen one" Greene will have to move to get his real shot at Super 15 and above.

Having seen Greene at club level and NRC over the past few years I honestly believe he is the most talented back at the Reds. That's a very difficult thing for a Uni man to say about a Filth player however it's true. The kid understands the game but more importantly has the skills to put that understanding into practice. Add to those skills genuine pace and acceleration and you've got a pretty good package there. He is a genuine option at 10 and 15.

I'd like to see him reach his potential and I can't see that happening at the Reds. Hopefully his manager is talking to the Brumbies.... he would be a good replacement for To'omua and I'd like to see what Larkham can bring out of him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Does the question of Greene v McIntyre boil down to which one has a full contract? The last I saw mention, I think Greene is on a WTG type contract, and at least in past years there was some sort of rule that barred WTG contracted players being selected when a fit fully contracted player was available. Examples included both Jesse Mogg and Scott Fardy who at the time had to wait on injuries to fully contracted players to get their chances to play.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
I haven't seen much of Greene, not being able to get to club games in Brisbane, but Mack Mason looked pretty good for the 20s.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
You'd have to hope that they will bring in a quality 10 for next seaon (maybe even Quade). If so, one of MacIntyre/Greene will go.

I'd support Greene getting a chance to make a statement before that decission is made.

dreu - I agree but Quade is yesterday's man (2011). Personally I like the Rebels 10, Debreczeni - big strong, seems skilled and can kick the shit outa the ball.

Would love to see the Reds have a crack at him (if possible) BUT give Greene a shot first

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
From page #202.

1, after the Tahs win 57-3 in week 1.

Let me get this straight, your championship winning coach has left to coach the Wallabies and his assistant that had been groomed for 12 months to take over the role is now in charge? Sounds eerily familiar...

I can add to this comparison now!

So your boys are now 5 games in and you've won 2 games. Those two games were against one of, possibly the worst team in comp that you've been lucky to play twice. If it weren't for the Reds, you guys could realistically be 0 and 5.

Coming out of he most recent game, your boys have been described as lacking basic skills, little to no discernible game plan, lacking leadership etc. The comparisons to the Reds, post Link just keep coming. :D

Hey this is fun!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Gibson to follow RG into the wilderness quickly I reckon.Gibson doesn't have the support of the Board as RG did in Queensland.

Tahs have great recent success and they'll look to "blame" somebody

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Gibson to follow RG into the wilderness quickly I reckon.Gibson doesn't have the support of the Board as RG did in Queensland.

Tahs have great recent success and they'll look to "blame" somebody

And then it has to be asked, "who next?". Hopefully Reds arent hunting for an HC at the same time. And possibly Force as well.

It's becoming harder to miss one of the real missing development and pathways issues in Aus. Coaching.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Reds Membership update - post Graham.

Reds members @ 7/3/16 (The day RG was boned) = 27990
Reds Members @ 5/4/16 (today) = 31859

Averaging 138 new members per day since. I have no idea if that's good or bad but it seems good. They would have to maintain that rate to reach ~50k by season's end. Obviously the numbers will taper off the longer the season progresses but.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone know how serious Thor's injury is from the U20's game by the way?

Dunno scoey but hope he heals quickly.

I for one , am not going to call him the Tongan Thor anymore. He might have been awesome playing with /against schoolboys but now he is getting to the big stuff.

The lad is a giant with lots and lots of potential. He is no-where near supernatural and I reckon older blokes will be out to belt him with a name like that, when he finally gets to the big time.

Personally it just puts un-needed and unwarranted pressure on the lad.

PS Scoey - I am not having a crack at you at all because in the past I have called him by his nickname. I have no problem either way but it is just my view (and quite possibly flawed)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fair enough. A nickname is just a nickname but. I doubt that's what the boys call him though in any case.

Just don't forget, a prop by any other name would still smell as swee...... erm..... Nevermind.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think he goes by Nellie in the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem wouldn't be at the players level (his team-mates) but in the Press. Players read that shit journos write and the dirty unwashed masses generally believe whatever they read.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
It's becoming harder to miss one of the real missing development and pathways issues in Aus. Coaching.

There's a perfect example right in front of them, Cheika. The first time I ever saw him was on ABC when he was coaching Randwick. Then he went and did his thing in Europe and then back to Australia to coach a Super Rugby team and is now a national coach. Cheika went through every tier of rugby and has that substance behind him.

Then we look at Gibson. A/C Crusaders, A/C Waratahs. No head coaching experience at all.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Tupou is out for close to 3 months with a Syndesmosis injury.

Interesting news unfolding currently with the Reds reportedly in talks with Ben Mowen possibly a chance to return from his stint in France. Also QRU are looking to extend Hendrick Tui's stay in QLD for at least another season.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tupou is out for close to 3 months with a Syndesmosis injury.

Interesting news unfolding currently with the Reds reportedly in talks with Ben Mowen possibly a chance to return from his stint in France. Also QRU are looking to extend Hendrick Tui's stay in QLD for at least another season.
And dump Schatz? They could be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.