• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Re Higgers, Cooper Genia

Higgers - yes the ball running loose backrower we need

Cooper - we need someone at 10 with exp. (but not for high $) as per comments about current form/worth. 2011 was a long time ago (and I'm a QC (Quade Cooper) fan)

Genia - Frisby/Tuttle will do fine thanks (esp at the $ difference)

Reactions: dru

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I'd love to have all three of them back, Cooper, Genia & Higgers. We have so many young guys in the squad that we need some experienced older heads to guide them, teach them. JM mentioned, after one of the trial matches how much he'd learned from QC (Quade Cooper). Who's showing these younger guys the ropes now?

Also, guys mentioning the 7's, considering he's only played two tournaments he's done really well but because he's Quade, most people only dwell on the negative and seem to gloss over the good.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
article up on the Bronco Mail. A few snippets for those that can't access:

BRONCOS prodigy Caleb Timu has been poached by the Queensland Reds who have snared a bruising forward likened to Gorden Tallis.
News Corp can reveal Timu will put pen to paper with the Reds within days and could be wearing their jersey within a fortnight.

Timu, 22, is highly rated at Red Hill. As a teenager he was the best backrower in his age group but left the club to do a two year Mormon mission.
He returned this year and while he impressed in trial matches has been unable to crack the NRL team.

He is likely to play outside centre at the Reds where he can use his athletic 110 kilogram frame to batter opponents.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The question:

Didn't the Broncs want him ? Why ?

I'd imagine the Broncos would be spending the cash they can on retaining their current stars and side. While Caleb won't be asking for too much cash, it's a bit of a punt for them (the broncos) to take where they could use that extra say $80k on keeping a proven player at Red Hill.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Kuridrani or Laloifi?

We have some big boppers in the backs.

11. Nabuli 197cm/112kg
12. Kerevi 186cm/105kg
13. Timu 190cm/108kg OR Teafu 183cm/101kg
14. Feauai-Sautia 181cm/100kg OR Kuridrani 189cm/99kg
15. Hunt 186cm/94kg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kuridrani or Laloifi?

11. Nabuli 197cm/112kg
12. Kerevi 186cm/105kg
15. Hunt 186cm/94kg

which is a shame, because apparently the little men are becoming a trend again.

Junior Laloifi is the answer!

I don't like that centre combo at all by the way. Have always been a fan of the 2nd flyhalf option. Someone with a bit more finesse.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Totally agree Reg on all points. Mine was purely showing the size we have.

Junior had a great game against the Tahs and I hoped they might've stuck with him this week even with CFS regaining fitness. But no, they didn't ask me did they.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Kuridrani or Laloifi?

11. Nabuli 197cm/112kg
12. Kerevi 186cm/105kg
15. Hunt 186cm/94kg

Yeah, plenty of bosh.

What about some speed and kicking ability?

Someone mentioned Mogg. In form, great. If low on confidence, not so good.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The rumored Reds XV / XXIII

15 Karmichael Hunt
14 Jesse Mogg
13 Calebl Timu
12 Samu Kerevi
11 Eto Nabuli
10 Quade Cooper
9 Nick Frisby

8 Scott Higginbotham
7 Michael Gunn
6 Hendrick Tui
5 Kane Douglas
4 Rob Simmons
3 Sam Talakai
2 Stephen Moore
1 James Slipper

16 Andrew Ready
17 Sef Fa'agase
18 Taniela Tupou
19 Cadyrn Neville
20 Ben Mowen
21 Will Genia
22 Duncan Paia'aua
23 Junior Laloifi

T

TOCC

Caleb Timu an outside centre?
Perhaps, he played backrow in his schoolboy days, but his strength was in his ball running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
article up on the Bronco Mail. A few snippets for those that can't access:

He is 22 so presume he has not played rugby since 18. No disrespect intended but please do not sign him to the Reds. Let him join a club, play some rugby and then reach for the cheque book if warranted. It seems your best chance of a Reds contract (our pathway) is to either get your manager to threaten to go to league or promise to come back for a central contract.

My opinion, but with these type of decisions, we are saying our club pathway is not good enough and is in fact not a pathway. Go elsewhere young man, we want you more when we cannot have you. Nothing better than a good PR coup when we get you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.