• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The rumour comes from somewhere.

I still think he should be treated with respect. This doesn't Seeto do it for me.

In terms of the new HC coming I could not agree more that a top candidate will want a brief that allows him to do things. But that horse has already bolted with the number of staff and player decisions made.

Whoever sits in the role, the HP report includes a Director of Rugby over the coach.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maybe RG is being lined up as the Director of Rugby.

No mention of a worldwide search for that position.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
IF Knuckles has gone it would be the clearest indication that RG will be gone too. No coach worth his salt would want to come into that situation, nor would it be the ideal situation for any coach competent enough to lead a team.

It does again underline the incompetence of everyone involved that Knuckles was ever there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
IF Knuckles has gone it would be the clearest indication that RG will be gone too. No coach worth his salt would want to come into that situation, nor would it be the ideal situation for any coach competent enough to lead a team.

It does again underline the incompetence of everyone involved that Knuckles was ever there.

Exactly. It's the clearest message (if true) that Graham won't be head coach next year.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That would be a disaster.

Not necessarily, if they can find a good, strong, head coach who doesn't mind managing Richard Graham from beneath for a year or so.

Dickie can be the figurehead, while the real coach does the real coaching.

EDIT: Keep it civil!!!!
Sully

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
[to post 1749] Hasn't Season 2015 already been classified as a disaster in the eyes of all except the Ballymore Boardroom.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not necessarily, if they can find a good, strong, head coach who doesn't mind managing Dick Head from beneath for a year or so.

Dickie can be the figurehead, while the real coach does the real coaching.
Wrong.

Keeping him anywhere within the reds organisation would be an unmitigated disaster.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
im sure this was already covered a while back, but can Toulon actually Sue the ARU for Cooper backflipping on his contract? did Cooper actually sign a contract or was it just an intent to sign kind of agreement with a get out fee?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does the QC (Quade Cooper) tweet indignation belong here in the Reds 2016 thread. The Morals Patrol are having their say on several other threads. (Edit: Now moved by the Mods)

The prospect of QC (Quade Cooper) having anything to do with Reds in 2016 has been dismissed firstly by Toulon Letter of Intent, secondly by the Reds statement breaking off contract negotiations, and lastly by the rumoured deal with ARU Rugby 7's programme.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The QC (Quade Cooper) Tweet is being covered in the Wallabies threads - let's keep it in one place and keep to Reds specific stuff here. Thanks.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
can anyone help me with my question earlier regarding Toulons threat to Sue? can they actually even do that?
Short answer seems to be yes, they could if they could prove the ARU induced Quade to break his contract.

Long answer is unknown without knowing what QC (Quade Cooper) signed, how much Toulon want to spend to sue, how far the ARU were in negotiating with QC (Quade Cooper) before Toulon etc etc. It's murky.

In any case it would seem very unlikely that QC (Quade Cooper) would play anywhere but Australia if that's what he wants to do

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
so if he signed an actual contract then he could be in trouble, but if it was just a letter of intent will he be fine? surely if he just pays the get out fee that should be the end of it?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
so if he signed an actual contract then he could be in trouble, but if it was just a letter of intent will he be fine? surely if he just pays the get out fee that should be the end of it?
The ARU are going to have access to all of the information and legal opinion that knows what they are talking about (you'd hope) so if QC (Quade Cooper) does sign a contract with the ARU I'd image that will be the end of it, not with standing some jumping up and down from our Toulon friends.

T

TOCC

058e019dadc23d1a5580decd00320962.jpg

Well at least there is one club mismanaged even worse then the Reds in Brisbane.. Th Brisbane Roar are an absolute joke at the moment, the CEO Chris Fong has lost the plot.

Trying to blame the QRU for scaring off a potential buyer, seems a bit ridiculous. Any buyer would/should have been made fully aware of any outstanding liabilities and debt. 12months of outstanding debt isn't something you miss in due diligence, any buyer would have known that such a liability is inevitably going to lead to litigation at some point.

There either isn't a new buyer or Fong is preparing himself for when this mystery buyer 'disappear' and he can shift blame onto another party to save his own ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.