• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
3) The reds management are cognizant that they have to hire a high quality coach now and want it to be known that they hire people for the long term and exhaust every opportunity for that person's success.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If the Reds announced today that they were making other plans for next year,and thanked RG for his efforts.
Without bothering to wait on any season review.

No potential applicants would think RG got the rough end of the pineapple.
Everyone knows 30% win rate is not good enough to get a new contract,and if they think that's harsh, you don't want them.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If the Reds announced today that they were making other plans for next year,and thanked RG for his efforts.

The problem was announcing a review, that got locked in to the HC. It's enough already.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
3) The reds management are cognizant that they have to hire a high quality coach now and want it to be known that they hire people for the long term and exhaust every opportunity for that person's success.
4) RG said to the board, "if you sack me you know that you are admitting that you know Sweet FA about appointing a coach and all your expressions of support and the total cluster F%$#% that 2014 & 2015 is really all your fault."

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Everyone knows 30% win rate is not good enough to get a new contract,and if they think that's harsh, you don't want them.

It would not be unreasonable to set a KPI of 30% or more wins per season. If this mark is not met then you better have a good excuse.

I doubt any coach applying would be upset at this

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
As someone commented above, surely RG's tenure has now ended as the Reds' 2015 season is at an end. If he is staying on pending the review, will he have a role in deciding next year's recruitment and retentions? That, to me, is the most disturbing thought considering the potential impact that might have on the Reds' squad.

M

Moono75

RG didn't hit this KPI either.

150601-MembershipTally.png

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
"State of Origin 2015: Maroons winger Will Chambers open to rugby union return"

Here is a player of real talent and potential that I was always disappointed was not persisted with by the Reds post 2011 (when post major shoulder surgery Chambers never returned to his 2010 best).

I'd be pleased to see him back with the Reds.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...gby-union-return/story-fniablkr-1227399209880

Must be contract time. So time to talk up leaving to Rugby to bump up your price.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
RG didn't hit this KPI either.

View attachment 6481

Like match day crowd figures and RGs coaching ability, these would be inflated.

The way they package memberships into multi-game tickets eg 2 or 3 game "membership", I really isn't hard to think the count anyone who attended a game as a member.

Do we actually believe that either 20,000 people purchased ticket-less membership packages, up from maybe 20-50 total non-ticket memberships pre-Link days?

Or perhaps people are paying for memberships and simply no going. The Western Force game (weather) and later games in the season were great examples of only those who had sunk costs turning up.

Looking at the rookies2reds site, I'd suggest participants in that program may be counted as members too.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I know plenty of ticketed members that didn't go to a lot of games. I also know a fair few people who simply renew their ticketed memberships each year but haven't been in years (mainly have the memberships for entertaining clients etc).

I also reckon there would be a fair few non-ticketed memberships sold.

In any case, the discussion about whether the member numbers are inflated or not has probably been done to death. Just my 2c anyway.

T

Train Without a Station

Most importantly they are no more inflated than other Super Rugby teams, NRL teams and AFL teams. And since that's what they are compared against, that's what's really relevant.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I only went later in the season out of loyalty. I have a family ticket and wifey, son and daughter didn't want to come. I couldn't give away the tickets to friends and colleagues so shit are the Reds now and such a waste of a night out going to watch them lose is considered to be.......the beer and food is the clincher.....too expensive.

T

TOCC

I'm a member, I didn't go to a single Reds game except when they played in Sydney...

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Considering that it's only players from Reds, Rebs and Force at the moment, these would be the changes I'd make. Now I know it's not just form that we base it off, as experience and ability to turn it up a notch can make a difference, and consider it biased all you want, but by form it'd have to be the following;
Lopeti Timani > James Horwill - just not the man he once was, but maybe the departure kicks him into gear, massive to see Timani omitted, but I guess we can't discard Horwill's experience, can we?
Mike Harris > Karmichael Hunt - don't even get me started.. After this year, Hunt should've considered himself lucky to even have a future in super rugby, but I guess it helps having someone like Kerevi carrying his load. If it was a 10/12/13/15 option that Cheika wanted, similar to Beale, then surely Harris has more potential to fill that void than Hunt..
Nick Stirzaker > Will Genia - again, it's the wiser head having to lead the way because of past exposure to Test-level. Stirzy will threaten Phipps within the next year or 2
Dayne Haylett-Petty > James O'Connor - JOC (James O'Connor) was a big no no.. Poor Richard Graham's signed sealed deliveries this year didn't work out too well, JOC (James O'Connor) epitomising this. DHP was deserving and stood out over Cummins this year
Laurie Weeks > Tetera Faulkner - can't scrum, average work rate. You'd think that they were considering experience, but I guess it's all about form.. Except.. Weeks was in better form on crutches than Faulkner was a majority of the season

Nonetheless, here's to hoping that our WC squad looks similar to this:

Brumbies:
- Stephen Moore
- David Pocock
- Henry Speight

Force:
- Ben McCalman

Rebels:
- Scott Higginbotham
-

Reds:
- Rob Simmons