• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Rugby Xplorer has our PM saying Super Rugby AU might be able to have crowds , with larger stadiums ( 40000+) being allowed possibly 10000 attendees , or one quarter capacity.

Could be business as usual for the Reds .....

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Rugby Xplorer has our PM saying Super Rugby AU might be able to have crowds , with larger stadiums ( 40000+) being allowed possibly 10000 attendees , or one quarter capacity.

Could be business as usual for the Reds ...
Stadia up to 40k can run at 25% capacity. Larger stadia still only able to use corporate and dining facilities, not sure how that works, would make sense just to cap them at 10k. They say they’re working on it. All these guidelines are subject to state rules BTW, you still have to get through Dictator Annie.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Did he need to? He was an excellent kicker back in the day - dead straight off the tee, no pull or fade, had a great kick %.

My understanding is that the kicking coach has come in and changed the way all the kickers have been kicking. That is the reason why the Reds goal kickers have been particularly poor this season. Players getting used to a new style, the kicking coach not being fulltime and able to correct certain techniques. Hopefully it will come together. I'd imagine all those kickers would have had a huge amount of practice over the past few months.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Stadia up to 40k can run at 25% capacity. Larger stadia still only able to use corporate and dining facilities, not sure how that works, would make sense just to cap them at 10k. They say they’re working on it. All these guidelines are subject to state rules BTW, you still have to get through Dictator Annie.

Sounds like something Cameron Clyne proposed and forgot about Suncorp.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Coming off a massive shoulder injury, I'd hope they ease Jordan back into the fold. Hell, he could sit out the rest of the season and just focus on getting his body right for all I'm concerned.

They should never have taken him to a world cup we were never going to get near winning. Petaia would be in a much better physical position now if he had taken those 5/6 months to do proper rehab and build his body/power

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Looks like Peter Ryan is back at the Broncos, disappointing loss, but given the circumstances it’s understandable

From memory, in 2019 he was splitting his time across the Reds and Broncos. So perhaps we can do something similar once there's some cash coming back into QRU either this year or next.