• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well I don't think it's up to them to keep it quiet. News leaks through, like we've seen with Kellaway, Hanigan and Tafa's signings.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I think I've mentioned this before but I wouldn't be surprised if they have already signed deals in Japan for the next season and/or this one too. In fact I know they have and are trying to stay out of the spotlight.

I normally find, when you're not ashamed of doing something, you've got no problem telling people about it. So, I would dare say, the radio silence implies they know they made an arse of themselves, or allowed their manager to do it on their behalf.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I can't remember that it has been said, But Jack Straker - what a gun. Congrats mate on that first jersey. Awesome game, actually bloody tough game to present and 10/10.

Done us proud.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pretty good article on The Roar today by Nicholas Bishop
https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/08/19/why-it-was-all-mcreight-on-the-night-against-the-rebels/

It wasn’t all Fraser McReight, not by any means. There were several titanic contributions, both up front and behind, to the Reds’ remarkable defensive triumph against the Rebels on Saturday evening.
But the young openside tyro epitomised the heart of the transformation from that limp first half at the Sydney Cricket Ground better than anyone else.

Really well written article as usual by Nicholas, but with a heavy and positive Reds subject

B

Bobby Sands

Former analyst for Wales, wasn't he? Opportunity for WB team?

England and British Lions I thought, but either way, he's a world class rugby analyst.

Is on another ladder to the regular rugby journos.

Reactions: dru
B

Bobby Sands

Nasser to hooker makes alot of sense to me. He is not powerful enough in his scrummaging to make it at prop, but he is great around the field and very skilful - hence being good at lineout throwing.

I think he was also a very good cricketer, just like Harry.

B

Bobby Sands

Not as good as Harry at cricket but played first 11 for two years

That's pretty bloody good in my books!

Just meant he is clearly a pretty skilful big guy - not that he could bat at second drop for the Bulls.

Reactions: dru

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well, with Flook undoubtedly gone for the season, and Stewarts injury looking pretty serious as well, it will be interesting to see who plays in the centres against the Brumbies after the Bye.
Paisami and CFS are both due back from injury, whilst Hegarty played himself into some nice form on the weekend as well, so he might be an option for 12.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I’d assume you’d put Hegarty at 10 & JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 with either Petaia at 13 & CFS at 14 or Paisami at 13 & Petaia on the wing.

Pretty damn good depth to be honest.

Though it puts Hegarty into a key role. He was good last night but we would want JOC (James O'Connor) roaming as first receiver.

Sad if JOC (James O'Connor) misses his chance to run directly against To'omua.