1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, May 9, 2019.

1. Adam84 Nev Cottrell (35)

Playing XVs at Sunnybank
  2. Bobby Sands Bob Davidson (42)

Nope, I really rate him. He’s a good footballer & in the right experience range. These players are difficult to find. Strong hold & I know Thorn rates him highly.
    Penguin likes this.
  3. Finsbury Girl Bob Loudon (25)

Yep don't get the hate on Hegarty. Yeah he ain't no Paul McLean, but since he's regularly started we've looked a hell of a lot better.
    Ignoto, Penguin, Getwithme and 2 others like this.
  4. SouthernX Arch Winning (36)

He has no vision. Does not push the bal wide when there’s opportunities to be had on overlap.

Look at last week against Sunwolves, we had a competitive advantage in 2nd half and he could not capitalise. ((Edit- need to rewatch 2nd half. I know there was overlap try but can’t recall who was responsible, just think we should of scored more points))

I guess when you’ve been blessed with Quade Cooper who understands how to exploit stuff like this you’ve really been taking it for granted.

Defense is good, better goal kicking option then Hamish Stewart.. I just think The reds will end up going in a different direction.

He and Jono Lance have been stop gap options at one of the most important positions in rugby. We need either a world class flyhalf or a prodigy 10.
  5. Strewthcobber Paul McLean (56)

Hegarty is far better than any other option we have at the moment. And that's all that really counts
    Bobby Sands and Hound like this.
  6. Sully John Eales (66)

I actually prefer him to Jono Lance.
    Bobby Sands, Hound, Penguin and 6 others like this.
  7. Strewthcobber Paul McLean (56)

Yeah absolutely. Kicking game (since his rib issue) alone is a big step up
    Getwithme likes this.
  8. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

Anyone heard these Tevita Kuridrani coming home rumours?
  9. Sully John Eales (66)

A while back there was a rumour the Reds were targeting him. But I figured he wouldn't leave.
  10. Ignoto Dick Tooth (41)

I dunno X, the baby Reds need to focus on doing the basic things well before we jump ahead and play like the Barbarians. I'd rather see more blokes running unders lines or players getting two touches in the same move before we get a guy like Quade throwing 'hail mary' balls.
  11. Strewthcobber Paul McLean (56)

How many more years until we start doing the basics well?
    liquor box likes this.
  12. TSR Peter Fenwicke (45)

I’m not sure bringing Kuridrani home makes a lot of sense to me unless they think Petaia’s long term home is 12.

Outstanding player, but would command big money and it is not the spot we need to be throwing the most cash at assuming Petaia & CFS will still be in Red next year.

Assuming there is no hope of retaining Kerevi then my first priority would be a class 12, followed by a power winger to replace Naivalu.
  13. Dctarget Peter Johnson (47)

Rebels will need to some shedding and I think Meakes, English and Magnay are all yet to re-sign. Could do worse than picking up one of them.
  14. TSR Peter Fenwicke (45)

Meakes looks a good fit.

I like Magnay, but he also looks to me that his best position is 13 as is English. However I suspect at least one of them may be relatively cheap and, as such, a very good squad addition.
  15. Adam84 Nev Cottrell (35)

Hmm not a great fan of Magnay, Meakes would offer much more
    Penguin and dru like this.
  16. Slim 293 Jason Little (69)

RugbyReg likes this.
  17. dillyboy Bob Loudon (25)

He's Flyhalf too isn't he???

We could do worse than either he or Isaac in the 10 jersey..
  18. RebelYell Jim Clark (26)

Heard Henry Speight to Brisbane a genuine possibility
  19. Adam84 Nev Cottrell (35)

Good player, Reds would be signing him at the wrong end of his career though.
  20. Ignoto Dick Tooth (41)

Thanks, but there's a different outside back playing for the Brumbies from Brisbane I'd rather we lured up here.
    RebelYell likes this.