• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
We’ll he can’t play rugby then, my mistake.

Mate.... o_O

Playing ability. I would have thought Campbell and Hardy were ahead of him in the pecking order, or CFS on the wing?

What makes you think they're ahead of him in the pecking order?
Daugunu is probably the most exciting attacking player at the Reds, his strength in contact and footwork/acceleration is fantastic. Areas he is lacking is his general rugby experience/smarts and his defence. But, on the last part I don't think Campbell or Hardy are much better defensively then him and he has improved over the last 12.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
1. JP
2. Mafi
3. Thor
4. Blyth
5. Rodda
6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. Wright
8. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

9. Tate
10. Hegarty
11. Daugunu
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Petaia
14. Speight/CFS
15. Stewart

16. BPA
17. Hoopert
18. Ruan Smith
19. Hockings
20. McReight or Wilson
21. Tuttle (if fit and not let go) or Maloloua
22. Lucas
23. Campbell

Solid team, talented youngsters but not good enough to seriously threaten. Depth required to make it deep in the comp does not exist. The real winners in Super Rugby have in-form players with test experience on the pine most weeks. We will have to over achieve to do better than a 50-55% win rate in 2020 (which I think will be required to make the finals next year under the new comp structure).

Hope I'm proven dead wrong.

B

Bobby Sands

Just watching the Brothers Jeeps game, any reason why Josh Collins doesn’t have a Reds contract?

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
1. JP
2. Mafi
3. Thor
4. Blyth
5. Rodda
6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
7. Wright
8. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

9. Tate
10. Hegarty
11. Daugunu
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Petaia
14. Speight/CFS
15. Stewart

16. BPA
17. Hoopert
18. Ruan Smith
19. Hockings
20. McReight or Wilson
21. Tuttle (if fit and not let go) or Maloloua
22. Lucas
23. Campbell

Solid team, talented youngsters but not good enough to seriously threaten. Depth required to make it deep in the comp does not exist. The real winners in Super Rugby have in-form players with test experience on the pine most weeks. We will have to over achieve to do better than a 50-55% win rate in 2020 (which I think will be required to make the finals next year under the new comp structure).

Hope I'm proven dead wrong.

I'm increasingly thinking LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is a lock, too slow. Which allows McReight and Wilson in the 23. Probably at the expense of Blythe/Hockings... which is a shame. Some serious 4-8 depth (albeit young)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There’s a number of good wingers getting around the QPR this year, Colllins been one of them. It’ll be interesting to see how they go in the NRC

B

Bobby Sands

I'm increasingly thinking LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is a lock, too slow. Which allows McReight and Wilson in the 23. Probably at the expense of Blythe/Hockings. which is a shame. Some serious 4-8 depth (albeit young)

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is 100% a lock.

Can't remember a single time when he looked like or even remotely played like a 6 regardless of the number he is wearing.

Even more, he is potentially a very good lock. Leave him there.

B

Bobby Sands

Will probably lose him (Josh Collins) to the Brumbies or Rebels, where he'll become a Wallaby within 2 years:(

If he isn’t put in a program based on Sunday something is very wrong.

I’m certain there would be some movement, blokes like that are exactly what we don’t have.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If he isn’t put in a program based on Sunday something is very wrong.

I’m certain there would be some movement, blokes like that are exactly what we don’t have.

I think the Reds do have guys like him, Filipo Daugunu and Will Eaddie play a similar style with similar attributes. Jack Hardy and Jock Campbell could be put in that group as well.

I'd be surprised if Eadie is contracted for 2020 though, so that opens up 1 position at least in the outside backs. There are a few good players across the QPR vying for pro spots though. Lawson Creighton and Liam McNamara are two very good outside backs, i'd also like to see Robert Menzies and Byron Ralston given a look at NRC level and work out who is cut out to take the next step up. Add Hardy, Campbell, Collins, Eaddie to that list and there's a few candidates.

Outside of the that, i think the Reds should look south at some of the backs Junior Wallabies, Nawaqanitawase or Tupou if they aren't already signed for 2020.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There's this bloke tearing up QLD cup week in week out and hasn't got a run with the Broncos yet.. the reds should give him a go. Some Izaia Perese lad..

In all honesty I do wonder if he would be tempted to come back. He is an absolute gun and IMO would have got a wallabies call up with an injury free year. I have watched a lot of his games with the dolphins and he has been a stand out every time. He has been injury free for some time and is looking great.

Collins is an interesting one, he was throw into first grade last year because we needed more speed and he was toiling away in the Lower grades. I have always questioned how he would handle the physicality but he has been fine. Sevens would be a great option, although I would prefer if he just stays with Jeeps please.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
There's this bloke tearing up QLD cup week in week out and hasn't got a run with the Broncos yet.. the reds should give him a go. Some Izaia Perese lad..

In all honesty I do wonder if he would be tempted to come back. He is an absolute gun and IMO would have got a wallabies call up with an injury free year. I have watched a lot of his games with the dolphins and he has been a stand out every time. He has been injury free for some time and is looking great.

Collins is an interesting one, he was throw into first grade last year because we needed more speed and he was toiling away in the Lower grades. I have always questioned how he would handle the physicality but he has been fine. Sevens would be a great option, although I would prefer if he just stays with Jeeps please.

Don’t want him back... sorry

Way he left. Made a mockery of his contract. Forced his way out of the reds a year early. That’s not the type of guy qld rugby needs.

Need players with their heart in our game.