• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2023

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Bajado hasn't been a force for 25 years.
Like any technique it will work with the right people executing it correctly.

any half arsed attempt will get found out.

the joys of rugby is there is more to it than a "one size fits all " approach ( if you want that go watch Rugby "Chess" League)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Like any technique it will work with the right people executing it correctly.

any half arsed attempt will get found out.

the joys of rugby is there is more to it than a "one size fits all " approach ( if you want that go watch Rugby "Chess" League)

New laws. There must be a hook at the scrum. Which is not what the basis of the famous puma scrum was about.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
ASY (Angus Scott-Young) off to England.
Specifically Northampton Saints with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Testing the Reds backrow stocks. Hopefully they come back improved in a few years and not do a Liam Gill or Sean McMahon.

Man Australia produces some solid flankers. England in the final Six nations match had to put out two no. 8s for lack of match ready flankers. hopefully this is the double edge sword of poaching all ours.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sad to see him go, but I don't think there was anyway we were holding on to all of Scott-Young, Uru and Wright going into next year. With Uru already signed and Wright a co-captain it's not to surprising it was Scott-Young that went.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
A shame to see solid player go, but probably a win for all parties. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) gets a shot at more game time than he likely would have got if he stayed, and the Reds get to free up some additional salary cap space to recruit in a position where we have less depth.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I like your optimism but losing ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is not a win for the Reds, guys like him are critical to the strength our Super Rugby teams, only need to look at how many back-rowers have been used this year due to injury/suspension. At his age he is only coming into his peak now, sadly I don’t think we will get to see his best rugby played in Australia.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
In my view it’s a considerable loss. Anyone who has spent time with Angus will back up my sediments of what an extraordinary individual he is. I agree that we haven’t seen his best rugby yet. There are only a few players that have left the Reds that I can say this about.

Edit. I would have liked to see the Reds do more to keep him. I just don’t think we’ve done enough here.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I like your optimism but losing ASY (Angus Scott-Young) (Angus Scott-Young) is not a win for the Reds, guys like him are critical to the strength our Super Rugby teams, only need to look at how many back-rowers have been used this year due to injury/suspension. At his age he is only coming into his peak now, sadly I don’t think we will get to see his best rugby played in Australia.
Absolutely agree - huge loss, but I was trying to find the silver linings shades of LFG all over again

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Edit. I would have liked to see the Reds do more to keep him. I just don’t think we’ve done enough here.

What’s your evidence they haven’t done enough? Other than him going if course but you suggest they could have done more? What?