• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds sign Will Chambers from NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Queensland Reds have pulled off a coup by signing rising Melbourne Storm centre Will Chambers to a two-year Super 14 deal.

Chambers, 20, will switch codes at the end of the 2009 season and is viewed as a potential outside centre in a young Reds backline bristling with talent.

The 101kg Northern Territory-product played rugby as a schoolboy and represented Queensland alongside Reds playmaker Quade Cooper in 2006.

He has played three seasons with the Storm and also starred for the Queensland Under-19s league team but his 2008 season was marred by a knee injury.

"Will spoke to us some time ago about playing rugby again and in subsequent discussions convinced us that he had a genuine desire to play for the Reds after enjoying the game as a representative schoolboy at Nudgee College in Brisbane," said Reds high-performance manager Ben Whitaker.

Edit - please add icons gentlemen

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good signing this, I liked what I saw of Will Chambers in the world club challenge when the Storm lost to Leeds I think.

He was one of the Storms best in a losing side that day & Bellamy gave him a big wrap afterwards.

He'll be a fine replacement for Morgan T.

Status
Not open for further replies.