• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Take 1

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
AAA is a massive out though. Assuming he’s out. The good think is that RVN proved himself capable of playing big minutes last week. And he’s only facing Zander.

If AAA is out then would White start and skipper or would they hand the captaincy armband straight to Lonergan? He’s been the form Aussie 9 this season and is probably favorite for the Wallaby 9 spot at the moment.
The Canberra Times yesterday was reporting Lolesio is likely to be starting this game, so I'd assume Nic will be the No 9 and Captain. This is particularly bad news for the Reds as we all know what a great relationship Nic has with referees ;).

Just on the question of referees, I believe the Brumbies have been penalised only 7 times in the first round and 5 times in the Blues match. Is this right? Unheard of! What's the most cynical side in the history of the game doing not giving penalties away?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Have we seen anyone sat down for a prolonged period of time in Rugby due to Concussions like we have in the NRL?

I know Berrick Barnes suffered quite a bit even before it as big a deal as it currently is but I worry about guys like AAA now when they rack up.

Selfishly I also worry about something like a RWC and what the rules are if a player in your squad may be rules out a tournament due to concussion. Is it treated like any other injury?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I can't wait for this one. From a Wallabies perspective, you need strongs ACT, QLD and NSW to feed the national team. The Wallabies have been a powerful when all the traditional states are robust

Last edited:
Reactions: Ged

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Who will be the bench Tighthead?

Is Tom Ross fit again now?

I also suspect we will see White and Lolesio start this week - I have a vague recollection of Larkham saying they were targeting round three

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Unchanged 15, Vest comes onto the bench for Anderson:

20230309_110547.jpg

20230309_110552.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see we aren't faffing around with dual captains and we've just given it to the best man for the job.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The only place the Reds have it over the Brumbies, in those lineups, are in the back reserves and even then only for the two last back reserves

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
As an aside these are right up there with the Blues ones as the worst team graphics this year. The individual sponsor logos are a mess and why is Muirhead's name bar shorter than everyone else's?
Eh…at least they can write in a straight line ;)

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
I would have thought that the Brumbies would have rotated Frost and Scott for Swain and Reimer given the intensity of the last match/minutes played.

I'm glad to see Tua punted. He has offered zero in attack and missed a few critical tackles against the Tahs.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I would have thought that the Brumbies would have rotated Frost and Scott for Swain and Reimer given the intensity of the last match/minutes played.

I'm glad to see Tua punted. He has offered zero in attack and missed a few critical tackles against the Tahs.
More likely against MP (Moana Pasifika).