• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Bulls. R8 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
We're missing Shatz at the front of the line out. Bulls are winning front ball constantly.

A good chip and chase sets up the Bulls 3rd try.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
And then Slipper turns over a Bulls lineout and Kerevi gets one back. We made hard work of it though - a big overlap killed by 2 passes in a row that the catcher had to wait for.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Nice work. Great run and off load by Ant, onto Kerevi who charges over. McIntyre kicks from right in front and it's back to 5 points. 22 - 27 Bulls.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Reds struggling to stop Bulls pick and drive. Bulls barge over again from close range. Score back out to 41 - 22.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
41 - 22 at full time. Reds struggled to get field position and possession in the first half and missed too many 1 on 1 tackles. Kerevi looked dangerous again, but didn't get enough ball. Our scrum struggled without Simmons.

T

TOCC

Shatz did a medial ligament injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kerevi's try from the line out nearly on half way out was a cracker.

Good moments and bad ones, but did think for around 2min that the Reds were in this for a win, and then I relised it was 5mins into the second half.

Gill, sad to see such a talent leave. That was a huge drop goal

G

galumay

Always a tough call to win in SA, was never going to happen for the reds this season.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Despite the outcome watching the Reds play was much easier because they actually put some decent plays together and, at times, looked very competent.

Having come off several years of aimlessly squandering possession, giving away cheap penalties and being continually exposed in defence, I am heartened just to see they are doing a lot of the basics better.

In saying that - they did seem to miss a lot of one on one tackles that they should have made and, in the first half, the Bulls continually pinned them back with a much better kicking game. I also thought the Bulls were able to get their three pick and drive tries a bit too easily.

Gill was fantastic. Absolutely superb.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reds have had defensive issues for years with RG as coach. Current problems probably still a hang over from those unfortunate years. Who's the defense coach these days? (When he's not on first base.:))

Status
Not open for further replies.