• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Our scrum will come in for some attention next week for sure. Van Wyck did his best in his 3rd match, but was clearly a step down from Pek.

Lock is a real area of strength for us at the moment. Coleman and Wykes deserve to keep their spot, but I really liked the look of Mafi. And with Cottrell and McCalman being nearly our best 2 he's unlikely to find a starting spot on the flank/8.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the Reds can't get up for this one after the embarrassment of Friday night and having lost twice to the force last year than I'm prepared to call the season over.

Big call Reg, but sadly not far off the mark. You'd hope they will get a bit of a bounce out of the humiliation, but it was that bad I have my doubts. JOC (James O'Connor) to 10 and Hunt to 15 will help, but it's like bandaids on the Titanic.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Frustration is always my over riding feeling when the Reds take on the Brums. The Reds always seem to get sucked into playing their game and the Bumbies always seem to grow another leg against us.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I just want the Reds to play their game. Win or lose, I want to see the Reds organised with the ball in hand and the see the forwards really competing at the breakdown.&lt;br/&gt;<br

I posted that last week. Goes the same for this week except doubly. Come on Reds show us something, The bad years are so raw in my memory that evertime we have a bad game I start to believe we are headed back there.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
is that good,or bad?

That is bad for us. Horwill will have a point to prove and he has the talent to prove it was a vengeance. I reckon all the Reds will really step up for this one.

On the flip side I don't think the Force will be short of motivation. I still reckon a third to a half our team are extra motivated when coming up against Richard Graham.

It'll definitely be an interesting game. We'll need to step up a lot with our set pieces.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
With Sully's thread rules and the embarrassment and lack of dicipline shown last game along with +40 point drumbing. There is nothing I can say until game time.

But agree with @rugbyreg , season over if they lose... Already 1 game in and the for and against is way to high.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
As I said in my season preview, the Reds need to make the most of their run of home games at the start of the season as they have a potentially very difficult run to the playoffs. Teams that have aspirations of doing well need to win their home games and the Reds will need to turn around not only last weeks result but last years home result where they lost at home to all of the other Australian teams. That must be rectified and it starts now.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Horwill should be dumped out of the 23 for that performance,

His position and performance is un-defendable - but if you wanna have a go am happy to respond.

Hunt is not a rugby 10 (well not for a fair while anyway), Push him back to 16 JOC (James O'Connor) to 10 and Thomson to 6, Time to give Paraka a shot ftom the bench, in place of Daley - he now offers little anywhere on the field,

Agree with Reg that this week may be our defining "moment" The boys need to bring physicality,

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The only chance the Reds of winning this match is if it falls within one of the 30% od random games that we wil win under Richard Graham. These are the games where something just happens (the opposition just doesn't turn up, several random acts of lucky play fall the Reds way, or the ref has a shocker and gives the game to the Reds on a plate) that will always randomly occur to any poorly performing team just by random chance.

I can't see how the Reds could possibly fix all their problems within a week of training as there are simply too many fundamental issues that need rectifying.

Sadly for the Reds, a win will be just a function of luck this week, so I will sacrifice a chicken to the voodoo princess in order to make it happen.

The force will be extra pumped after last weekend and will be working hard on all their systems and game structures that have helped them under Foley. The force will win, and I have an inkling that it will be a record blowout to the force.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think the Reds have a couple of problem areas that contributed to their performance last weekend.

First and foremost, it was a very inexperienced squad with quite a few debutantes and a rugby rookie in the crucial spot at No 10. Quade is being sorely missed, and I think it won't necessarily be any better with either Faia'aua or JOC (James O'Connor) playing there.

The second issue really seems to be coach related. Whether it's the head coach or one or more of the Assistants, there wasn't much in the way of a game plan on display last weekend.

With those factors at play, it wasn't surprising that they had a very hard hit out against an almost entire Wallabies' squad.

The good news is that such a young and inexperienced squad will get better and will undoubtedly rise towards the top maybe next year or one after. And it is possible for a franchise to change the coaching setup if there are problems. Brumbies have done it a number of times.:)

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
After last week's game and the fact the Cricket is on on Sat, it will be interesting to see the crowd numbers for this game.

We've got our membership for the year, but had our tickets for the cricket long before the draw was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.