• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force, Super Rugby Round 5, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

They need a 10 who won't kick away possession.

It's plain to see that as WaratahJesus has disappeared you have become more vitriolic. I would be very surprised if both alias do not belong to you.

Regardless, it brings colour to the forum.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Well played Force, the forwards were immense & knocked the Reds pack down a notch or two from previous weeks performances. Enjoy the services of McMenimen while you can, I can't wait to see him back in Red next year ;-)
Reds backs were pretty clueless & the whole team had a bad case of fumbles. Cooper is looking decidedly ordinary at the moment, can he turn it around? How many chances will he get?
Gill, Big Ed & Saia played great games.... that's about it for this week... Genia looked tight & hasn't lost any pace, which is a great sign.
Schatz, too many dropped balls, Holmes too many dropped balls & has become a penalty magnet in both scrum & ruck.
Was a hard game to watch from a Queensland perspective. But bask in the glory Force boys, you deserve some cheer!

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Great win for the force. Throws my tipping out but happy for them. Always like seeing them win.

Genia looked the goods for 40 minutes.

Can't work out what game the reds want to play.

As mentioned, the aussie conference is sliding out of reach for the tahs, rebs and force and can't see the reds catching them.

Be nice to have at least 3 teams in the top 9 though.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Great effort by the boys. Really helped by how terrible the Reds were. Suspect Quirk may find himself fronting the judiciary this week.

M

Moono75

After that performance absoloutely need to back up next week and win first home game. It would be a massive massive boost for the team. Love that they guts it out and went on to win it. Goes a long way to developing the type of attitude you need to have to be successful.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great win for the force. Throws my tipping out but happy for them. Always like seeing them win.

Genia looked the goods for 40 minutes.

Can't work out what game the reds want to play.

As mentioned, the aussie conference is sliding out of reach for the tahs, rebs and force and can't see the reds catching them.

Be nice to have at least 3 teams in the top 9 though.

Unfortunately only 1 Aussie team has any hope. The rest are playing for Wallaby spots and contracts for 2014.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Great effort by the boys. Really helped by how terrible the Reds were. Suspect Quirk may find himself fronting the judiciary this week.

Just before Quirk's shoulder charge it appeared a force player did the same to Lance when Cooper passed him a hospital. Hard to see at the ground, but I think the refs missed that one.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
By my count schatz is now up to two dropped balls per game on average. Big improvement needed.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
You're dreaming troll. Think you will find the Reds are 8 places ahead of Tahs.

Having an opinion is not being a troll. Go and look for one post of mine on any thread where I denigrate or insult another poster. You won't because I don't do that. Please feel free to disagree with anything that I say, but leave the name calling somewhere else.

If you watched both games, you would have noticed that the Reds made many of the same sort of errors as the Waratahs. I'm not talking about places on the ladder, if you go back and read the post that I responded to, you will see that. It leaves the Reds in exactly the same position as the Waratahs in that neither of them are going to threaten for the title. At least us Waratah supporters can admit that. Some Reds supporters are still living in 2011.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
6 places.... but only by 4 points...

With a bye in hand.

Quickhands, it was unlike you which is partly why i responded. In my defence your post offered no explanation as to why you thought so. The post or part of you quoted gives no context either. Maybe it wasn't trolling but it was a bit lazy and I think if your honest was designed at least in part to have a dig at Reds fans.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
With a bye in hand.

Quickhands, it was unlike you which is partly why i responded. In my defence your post offered no explanation as to why you thought so. The post or part of you quoted gives no context either. Maybe it wasn't trolling but it was a bit lazy and I think if your honest was designed at least in part to have a dig at Reds fans.

I'm find it rather sad the amount of Tah fans that wouldn't normally comment on a Reds thread suddenly come out of the woodwork to fling dung when there's an upset loss.
Sad, but not surprised.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quite proud of the fellas tonight - they copped no small amount of grief after the Kings game and are progressing.

They've always played with a huge amount of heart. Now they're playing with starch - a backline that's coming together and torrid defence.

Where does the loss leave the Reds?

The Kings are not the mugs that they were reported to be when it was announced that they were to enter the competition.

As the season unfolds, it will be easier to put the loss in "that game" in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.