• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Highlanders Friday 30th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Well, our village would have been burned down by a team playing more cohesively than the Landers did in the first half.

Defense still a big problem, chase lines as well.

I'm just going to enjoy this feeling for now though.

Have to go apologize to my neighbors now. :rolleyes:

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I hope Jake Schatz isn't neglected by the Wallabies. I understand there are a few candidates for the spot, but he really does stand up for the Reds in crucial moments.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Graham nearly pulled off the win... What the hell does he say to them at half time... ;) .. That young back who came on gave you some punch at 13

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also feel a bit bad for Browning that he didn't get the push over try credited to his name, Schatz was nowhere near.

T

Train Without a Station

Still we were lucky. Comes back to the disallowed try. Possibly a little harsh but it was stupid, cynical, deliberate, foul play and of he didn't do it, it was almost a definite try

Reactions: gel

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Graham nearly pulled off the win. What the hell does he say to them at half time. ;) .. That young back who came on gave you some punch at 13

Thought we was okay at 13, plays the roll alright, but as every Reds back which has debuted in the past 2 years he just isn't ready for the pace of super rugby.
It was frustrating seeing him jog back to defend on that try which was disallowed for obstruction when he was the 2nd closest red to the ball.
He is a far better in club.

Thought Lucas and Harris played amazing, really stepped up. One of Harris's best games.
Gtz Genia.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hometown ref in this one too, iHomo. Andrew Lees*. Decided Highlanders couldnt place the ball at ruck time. "Penalty! Attempted placement of own ruck ball".

Yes, Highlanders lineout disintegrated+. And yes, the scrum got rogered. Bizarre game really. Looked for all the world like Highlanders would run amok. And they sort of did. But 0-21 down with some massive ref assistance undid them.

+Coltman getting hooked at halftime NOT a flash look for potential AB with squad announced tomorrow

* if you didn't know the ref's name before the match, but now you do, hello, he's a bit shit.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Simmons takes the Wallaby 4 jersey without doubt. That was some great lineout work.

We could of drawn or lost that one and I think I would have still been proud. Just good to see us chance our arm and show the confidence to have a go. Well done all. Plus how fantastic was that push over?

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hometown ref in this one too, iHomo. Andrew Lees*. Decided Highlanders couldnt place the ball at ruck time. "Penalty! Attempted placement of own ruck ball".

Yes, Highlanders lineout disintegrated+. And yes, the scrum got rogered. Bizarre game really. Looked for all the world like Highlanders would run amok. And they sort of did. But 0-21 down with some massive ref assistance undid them.

+Coltman getting hooked at halftime NOT a flash look for potential AB with squad announced tomorrow

* if you didn't know the ref's name before the match, but now you do, hello, he's a bit shit.
Such cynicism and negativity will get you no where.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just a good entertaining game to watch! Really surprised that both teams kept playing footy the way was ref was calling it and favouring the defending team.
That all too familiar feeling crept in at the end and I thought we had cooked the goose.
And then.....
That final drive to win the game was fucking magnificent! :) Beautiful to watch and the sort of rugby and just plain ticker and backbone I've been waiting to see all season.
Go boys. Go you good things go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Both teams got away with murder at the defensive breakdown.

When Genia went in at the side repeatedly near the end of the game I was actually a bit surprised when he got whistled. Not because he plays for the Reds but because the Reds were on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.