• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Hurricanes Round 11 (ANZAC Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referees seem to have relaxed on players not supporting their body weight when trying to pilfer the ball............

No way Reds no. 20 was "on his feet" there......... what a shocker.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Fako attacking the ball like that was great to watch.

It's nice to see boys coming up in defense but I can't see much of a pattern, or any real organization to it. I'm also half-asleep.

Cleanouts on attack are fucking diabolical unless one of the forwards are directly involved, costing us a lot of ball.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The machine guns didn't look all that reliable. Needing to be re-cocked after every couple of bursts.

Cost effectiveness in the Defence Forces. Buy the cheapest item from where ever you can get it. Don't worry if it doesn't always work.

Is the Army firing blanks at Suncorp a metaphor for the Reds under RG. They look the part but do not achieve the desired effect on the enemy.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe if the Reds kicked more possession away they would have won. Genia box kicking has never been better The kick chase is the best in the comp. Basic handle skills are gettig better and there knowledge of the laws around the Ruck time is perfection.

Reds have the best scrum in Aus (not taking the piss)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Agree, it's how I imagine Rugby is in North Korea.

This gave me a good laugh. It brought to me an instant vision of the late Kim Jong-il watching a rugby game in his home land seeing multiple knock on's & other errors then saying "why is everyone so f**king stupid!".

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Hurricanes don't convince me.
I think the Tahs and Chiefs are the strongest sides.
Depends if the Tahs are in their on or off week. BIG fluctuations in performance.
As for the Hurricanes, they haven't done much wrong yet this year!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hurricanes are the only side that convince me this year. When needed they easily took it up a level.

Jarvs

Frank Row (1)
The machine guns didn't look all that reliable. Needing to be re-cocked after every couple of bursts.

Cost effectiveness in the Defence Forces. Buy the cheapest item from where ever you can get it. Don't worry if it doesn't always work.

Is the Army firing blanks at Suncorp a metaphor for the Reds under RG. They look the part but do not achieve the desired effect on the enemy.

That's just the nature of firing blanks mate, those machine guns are good to go with live rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.