• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Lions, Super Rugby Round 13 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
No Davies!

When was the last time we actually had our full first string team out there? (Granted we're still missing Taps ATM).

L

Linebacker_41

My prediction Chris Feauai-Sautia to score with his first touch of the ball in Super Rugby coming off the bench.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I really cannot see who Feauai-Sautia will come on for? I assume Quade will be given an early mark and Lucas to 10 and Morahan to 15. So unless they want to give Shipperely or Ioane a rest then I can't see him coming on.

Why are we talking about him anyway, QUADE IS BACK!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
CFS may come on in the centres at the back end of the game. 13 seems to be a position he could end up in.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I am sure the roar at Suncorp when QC (Quade Cooper) first hits the turf will do his fabulous contribution to, and character for, our team justice.

A great rugby warrior and hugely gifted player, returns to the gladiatorium. The scene of many perfectly placed beautiful long passes, stunning jinking runs, amazing breakaway tries, innovative and cohesive back line moves, athletic somersaults, and, above all, love from a grateful, excited home crowd comprising kids and families that would come from all over Queensland just to see the man they called Quade.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I am sure the roar at Suncorp when QC (Quade Cooper) first hits the turf will do his fabulous contribution to, and character for, our team justice.

A great rugby warrior and hugely gifted player, returns to the gladiatorium. The scene of many perfectly placed beautiful long passes, stunning jinking runs, amazing breakaway tries, innovative and cohesive back line moves, athletic somersaults, and, above all, love from a grateful, excited home crowd comprising kids and families that would come from all over Queensland just to see the man they called Quade.

I think I just teared up a little.

His organisation will be the biggest thing he will bring.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Glad to see Ben Lucas not being shunted to the bench. Even though Morahan played well last weekend Lucas deserves to keep a spot in the 15 - we also need someone to keep our solid line of defense so a similar arrangement to last year is ideal.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

If only he was playing the All Blacks, he could sidle up to Sir Richie and hit him with:

"My name is Quade Santini Cooper, commander of the backline of the North, General of the Wallaby Legions, loyal servant to the true coach, Ewen McKenzie. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

OK maybe without the murdered wife and kid bit.

W

What2040

Resally good team methinks.

Morahans game last week was his best by far and it will be disappointing that he has been benched. Hanson would be filthy but Saaia probably grings a little more at scrum time. Lucas could not be left out. Was Beau dropped out of 22 for "injury" or non-performance. seemed to be ok (from injury point of view)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Guys, one Morahan swallow does not a summer make. He's been shocking for much of this season. Lucas has been far more consistent and will offer more as a second playmaker when needed.

Re Beau - FWIW, I have heard his foot is not yet 100%. Suspect he's being rested when now not so crucial as last Sunday. I'll bet he'll be back vs Brums May 26.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Normally not a praying man but..... Nah, gotta trust him and the docs.

Surprised at how genuinely excited I am to see him back. Anyone else think if he pulls up ok he'll be back in gold?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Eddie should get half a game as well. This weekend is going to be brilliant. C'mon Reds, same intensity as last week and give us something to really roar about.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
*Kneels next to desk, clasps hands together*

Dear Saint Sebastian, Patron Saint of Athletes, baby Jesus the protector and Holy God – please look down on your child Quade Cooper when he makes his comeback from injury this coming weekend in a righteous battle against pagan hordes from over the seas. We implore that you bless him and protect his knee and other joints, limbs and bodily bits and pieces from harm or injury. Please make a firm path for his tricksy feet and grant him the calm surety to execute his magical ways without doubt or mental reservation, certain in the knowledge that your divine goodness has re-knit his tendons and ligaments so that they are as strong as your love for him, the REDS and for humanity. In your names sake we offer you our sincere prayers. Amen

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Let's all hope that Quade is OK. If anything I am more chuffed about CFS being on the bench, but with all his hamstring injuries I haven't seen him play since 2009 when he was 15. You could see the future Super class though.

Talking of hamstrings: does anybody know how Aidan Toua's injury is progressing, or is he back playing club rugby already?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
A few thoughts on the team:-

1. Has age finally caught up to Radike Samo? Seriously, the man was a wallabies starter 8 months ago. Now nobody even questions his absence from the 22. I didnt think he'd be able to have another year like he did in 2011 but I at least expected him to provide some nice moments off the bench for the Reds. Is Link preparing for life without Samo, or is he really that out of form? any thoughts?
2. Great to see Quade back. I hope he's worked on defence.
3. I'm glad to see Davies out of the 22. (sorry rocket fans). He is horribly out of form and doesnt offer a lot other than pure speed. Link should start blooding new talent, rather than bringing Rod in late in the game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
*Kneels next to desk, clasps hands together*

Dear Saint Sebastian, Patron Saint of Athletes, baby Jesus the protector and Holy God – please look down on your child Quade Cooper when he makes his comeback from injury this coming weekend in a righteous battle against pagan hordes from over the seas. We implore that you bless him and protect his knee and other joints, limbs and bodily bits and pieces from harm or injury. Please make a firm path for his tricksy feet and grant him the calm surety to execute his magical ways without doubt or mental reservation, certain in the knowledge that your divine goodness has re-knit his tendons and ligaments so that they are as strong as your love for him, the REDS and for humanity. In your names sake we offer you our sincere prayers. Amen
Your Catholic upbringing is coming through strong Karl. You are starting to remind me of my Mum.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
BDA, Samo played for GPS on the weekend and didn't look interested apart from some big hits. I would have expected him to be a bit more dominant dropping down to club level.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Surprised at how genuinely excited I am to see him back. Anyone else think if he pulls up ok he'll be back in gold?

If for nothing else but that Deans wants to use Force and Reds players against Scotland, he was always going to be a shoo-in if he returned about this time and the colours were flying high.

On Super merit Leali'ifano and now Beale probably deserved the starting spot against Wales the following Saturday but with the demise of Christian, Beale may well start, since QC (Quade Cooper) would have started the previous Tuesday.

Then there's the complication of JOC (James O'Connor) being available, or not, and if and where he plays for the Rebels if he gets a game before the test matches.

The first two tests will necessarily be a bit of a shambles. The real question is: will QC (Quade Cooper) start in gold against Wales in the 2nd test?

Status
Not open for further replies.