• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels, Sat May 17 @ 7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I can see why the Reds fans amongst us are not keen to start this thread.

I smell a really good chance here for the Rebels. This is probably our best chance to get our first win at Suncorp. It won't be easy, but I think we can do it.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Interesting match, are the reds at their nadir with the Crusaders loss or is there even worse shame to come at the hands of the Rebels? Can they regroup after a crushing loss and show they have something to prove? They have the players to that's for sure.

On the other hand? Can the rebels finally fucking win on the road?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Hoping to witness my first away win, will be good to get away from the Melbourne cold for a couple of days at least.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Reds will win this game. Most probably due to the high number of stuff ups by the Reds team that they completely find themselves in a mess and one of the Reds players accidentally falls on the ball over the try line.....

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
should be a good match-up, crappy attack and good defence (Rebels) vs crappy defence and potentially great attack (Reds)
fewer fuck ups wins

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Bugger, i was a week ahead and thought the Reds were on a bye. The reprieve was looking nice.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Trouble lies here i reckon , after being sliced and diced by the Saders the Reds will be out for revenge and what better target than the Rebels ,at home as well .

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think the Reds will come out this week and fire up.

The players will be (or should be) looking over their shoulders for 2015 Reds season and beyond and Horwill Genia and QC (Quade Cooper) for Wallaby run-on selections.

Add to that the mounting pressure on RG and I predict (maybe to my peril) a vast turnaround.

Reds by 24 and a Bonus Point

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
If the Reds are not following a game plan, which it would seem to me is what is happening, then the coach should bring out the big hook, no matter who the culprits might be.
Because last weekend, there was absolute laziness from some of the backs on the field. If a player can't follow up on a tactical kick, then let him have a rest... for a game or two, starting this weekend against the Rebels.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The lack of kick chase was simply staggering. Still is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yep sometimes it was the kicker not chasing other times the wingers almost looked surprised to see the ball heading down field and just stood there and watched. It was very weird. They simply looked like a bunch of broken men.
They will come out firing though against the Rebels. Be assured of that. Just like they did against the Crusaders.
Only unlike the Reds of a few years back their armour once made of grit and stubborn determination has been replaced with something very fragile. Rattle them and I fear they will fold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
How are you Queenslanders feeling about this one?

I reckon the Reds will bounce us, tbh. Wallaby selection for the incumbents is on the edge and they'll be working to pull some reputations out of the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.