• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Saitama, Ballymore, Saturday 4th November @ 3:05pm

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds team named for the Saitama game:

Queensland Reds v Saitama Panasonic Wild Knights | Saturday 4 November | Ballymore Stadium | 3:05pm AEST | Watch live via Stan Sport and Reds Rugby YouTube 

​

1. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank
  2. Max Craig* – Easts
  3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen* – Norths
  4. Seru Uru – Wests
  5. Cormac Daly* – TBC
  6. Connor Anderson – Wests
  7. John Bryant* – Souths
  8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
  9. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
  10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips* – Souths
  11. Mac Grealy – University of Queensland
  12. Lawson Creighton (c) – Brothers
  13. Josh Flook – Brothers
  14. Tim Ryan* – Brothers
  15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
  16. Moli Sooaemalagi** – Bond University
  17. George Blake – Bond University
  18. Massimo de Lutiis** – Easts
  19. Chris Minimbi** – University of Queensland
  20. Lachlan Connors** – Bond University
  21. Louis Werchon – Wests
  22. Shaun Anderson** – GPS
  23. Floyd Aubrey – GPS

*denotes Queensland debut

**denotes potential Queensland debut

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
That's a pretty strong side with no WC participants involved.

Lynagh injured?

Bryant, Ryan and de Lutiis are really good prospects. Ryan feels like he'll be a better version of Jock Campbell all going well. de Lutiis is just a beast.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Doesn't appear to be - he was in training photos that got posted yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me if they just want a look at HMP.
There were a few in those shots that aren't in this side - Hunter Paisami, Isaac Henry and Liam Wright too. Henry, Lynagh and Paisami were all in yellow bibs (Wright in blue) if that means anything. Might be training but not match fit yet?

There was also a closed door trial last weekend too, so it could just be a bit of rotation through (though I'm pretty sure Harry McLaughlin-Phillips was wearing the 10 then too)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's a pretty strong side with no WC participants involved.

Lynagh injured?

Bryant, Ryan and de Lutiis are really good prospects. Ryan feels like he'll be a better version of Jock Campbell all going well. de Lutiis is just a beast.

Lynagh has been injured - but back training.

Ryan I don't see as a fullback.

I actually think Jock, under new coaches (state and national) could really be an important cog in (potentially) both teams. He has a huge boot and is such a smart player. He has so much potential he's yet to reach and I hope he gets there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There were a few in those shots that aren't in this side - Hunter Paisami, Isaac Henry and Liam Wright too. Henry, Lynagh and Paisami were all in yellow bibs (Wright in blue) if that means anything. Might be training but not match fit yet?

There was also a closed door trial last weekend too, so it could just be a bit of rotation through (though I'm pretty sure Harry McLaughlin-Phillips was wearing the 10 then too)
and killed it from all reports

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
True. Not a Fullback but I see them as speed being the primary weapon.

There really are some genuine outside backs coming through that remind me of older time styles over the prototype big bully from 2005-2020. U16s, 19s has a few running around as well.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Lynagh has been injured - but back training.

Ryan I don't see as a fullback.

I actually think Jock, under new coaches (state and national) could really be an important cog in (potentially) both teams. He has a huge boot and is such a smart player. He has so much potential he's yet to reach and I hope he gets there.
Yeah, he was so important to the Reds win and close loss against the Chiefs this year, playing a really consummate game at fullback. He might not work in every setup but he has plenty to offer for the next few years in any game plan built around territory control and smart tactical kicking. Underrated second playmaker too.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The game is currently scheduled as live on STAN at 4pm on Sunday, following the U16s and U19s finals. Anyone know the true date and time?

Will be an interested onlooker in relation to De Lutiis. One that got away from the Brumbies, although he was going home. In my opinion, was the key player in the U20s front row. As impressive as the NSW LHP is, de Lutiis was the real strength in that scrum.

Would like to see Uru get good game time at 7 for the Reds. He was quite impressive playing there for the Baa Baas.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The game is currently scheduled as live on STAN at 4pm on Sunday, following the U16s and U19s finals. Anyone know the true date and time?

Will be an interested onlooker in relation to De Lutiis. One that got away from the Brumbies, although he was going home. In my opinion, was the key player in the U20s front row. As impressive as the NSW LHP is, de Lutiis was the real strength in that scrum.

Would like to see Uru get good game time at 7 for the Reds. He was quite impressive playing there for the Baa Baas.
3:05pm kickoff AEST time, so 4pm sounds right for those unlucky souls living south of God's country.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah, but Saturday or Sunday? Or doesn't that matter for the unfortunates who live in God's country?
Yeah, don't know whats gone on there, it's definitely Saturday the 4th in Brisbane. Maybe they went overboard with the whole daylight savings farce and decided to add an hour and a day this year?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

He's a beast. He and Barrett were the standouts and you noticed the team slump when he got injured.

Uru at 7 is a decision of play style though that would be very different to what else you have on the roster. McReight will get the jersey who is the traditional 7 and Liam Wright can play there in that bigger body style.

Baa Baas games are fun but also have a lower level of intensity at ruck time.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sheeesh $45 for an adult ticket in the grandstand, $25 for kids. No Wallabies playing.

I know nothing is free anymore but that seems steep for a pre-season game, especially when the game needs people getting in the door.

In saying that, looking at the sales map and a fair few tickets sold already.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Saitama's team:
1698896455022.png

I'll be particularly interested to see how Ha'angana is going, could be a real target for an Australian side to bring home (assuming he's not decided to commit to Japanese representation).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
much stronger team (if I recall) than last year's team.

But the QLD team is perhaps a little stronger too.