• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs Round 5 - 2016 Super Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Especially since our 3rd and 4th choice in Latu and Mann Rea both seem to be prone to cheap shots and time on the sidelines.

Roach and Ready could find themselves up the pecking order by the end of the year.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Gibson is an idiot. Putting Dennis in the second row when everyone knows the Reds have a good scrum.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Surprise, surprise. NSW penalised at scrum time in red zone. Reds chose scrum option. Cross the line but held up.

More scrums. Qld crowd have developed a liking for scrums.

Wonder how long before Sir shows the cheese?

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
I wouldn't call that a PT.

Commentators calling Holmes but the work was done on the other side.

T

TOCC

Reds have worked out how to convert their scrum into points...

Incredible given two of the Reds front row have only a handful of starts between them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If you mix the Reds tight five with the rest of the Tahs team (backrow & backline). You will get a very competitive side who can win the competition

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Try Tahs - Folau. Well set up by Jed Holloway.

They actually win a couple of scrums (loosehead) and finally get some possession.

Score is Red 7- Blue 5. Foley hits the upright. 20 minutes gone.

T

TOCC

Ooh, could be ruled for obstruction here.. Doubt Gill would have made that tackle though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDR

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting tmo interactions there - ref wanted to blow the penalty for obstruction but tmo talked him into the try. Probably a common sense ruling in the end.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
You don't get a dominant scrum without first having a dominant THP.

Or having a weak LH. Give credit where it's due, don't let your fapping over Holmes get in the way. Holmes does plenty good without needing stuff made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.