• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, Lang Park, 2nd March 2018 @ 7:00pm AEST

Match result

• Brumbies win

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Reds win

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Despite the poor showing by the Reds v the Rebels, we should expect they will be stronger this week, and it will take a very strong effort by the Brumbies to get the win after traveling back from Japan and then on the Brisbane in the week leading into the game. Not to mention the herculean effort it will take next week to than meet the Rebels in Melbourne. Good to have one win, two would be very satisfying but three is probably unthinkable.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Herculean? Japan is virtually on our time zone, so that travel is not that big of a deal. No jet lag.

Canberra to Brisbane? Herculean? What are they doing, walking?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds too lose two starters in Tui and Higgers . Brumbies probably without Valenti. But probably the return of Sio.. Brumbies should get it done..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wamb, travel in successive weeks to Japan and back, to Brisbane and Back and to Melbourne to take on the Rebels in their new, all-improved guise. Maybe not herculean, but I'm sure you know what I meant.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds will lose by a large margin.

Reds are just not ready for super rugby and the Brumbies are several orders of magnitude better.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reds will lose by a large margin.

Reds are just not ready for super rugby and the Brumbies are several orders of magnitude better.

I predict a loss of 52-10

Reds to lead 10 nil after 3 minutes and then Nabuli gets a red card for taking a player in the air then concede 52 points, 7 converted tries then a field goal for fun at the end.

I really really hope I am wrong!

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Brumbies will be deserved favorites going in but a good game for a few of the Reds to stand up and be counted. Douglas has been much maligned but will get his chance to start and put his doubters back in the box. The props will get a good gauge on just how good they are, and we’ll all get to see if the hype surrounding Wright is merited. Looking forward to seeing him start if he gets the gig. Potentially two very green back rows, that in itself will be a good match up.

Lance’s game management will be a big factor and he’ll be much better for last weeks run.

As for the Brumbies, the big questions for mine are whether their rolling maul will be the weapon it was last year and whether Powell and LILO can unleash the likes of Speight out wide.

Won’t be much in this.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Talking from experience, the Reds fans have yet to factor in the McGahan factor and his effect on the player psyche and when that finally comes out you will know what us Rebels fans are talking about - he isn't in the back room nurturing the Reds players, he isn't moulding them and harnessing their enthusiasm and he isn't giving them strategic plans to work with - Brumbies will demolish what's left of the Reds this week (sorry Reds - I like you as players, but I can't see a win this week)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Talking from experience, the Reds fans have yet to factor in the McGahan factor and his effect on the player psyche and when that finally comes out you will know what us Rebels fans are talking about - he isn't in the back room nurturing the Reds players, he isn't moulding them and harnessing their enthusiasm and he isn't giving them strategic plans to work with - Brumbies will demolish what's left of the Reds this week (sorry Reds - I like you as players, but I can't see a win this week)

It is not what the Reds want from the Totaliser. Brad is the bloke in back room and by all accounts it is something he is proving very good at. So far this is not one of the many weaknesses that the Reds exhibit.

This is the Brumbies game to lose, but not because of team psyche.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The real question should be how many cards in this game? Nabuli is due for one.

I'd be happy if all they worked on this week was ball security. I don't want to loose the ball in the tackle, I know Duncan scored from one but this is killing me.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My money is on Kerevi getting carded. After he came out in the press & said they need to work on their discipline, I just took it as him putting his hand up for a yellow this week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DXFHxsNU8AAr-pB.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So McCaffery starts as expected for the injured Valentini. Mayhew replaces Sione on the bench, Richie Arnold out of the 23 with Enever joining the bench and Fakaosilea is in the 23 as the reserve backrower.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
If we keep it 15 on 15 (big ask I know), we won't get "smashed" by many teams at all. Least of all the Brumbies. I think we can count on our ability to score 10-14 points each week on average and restricting teams to around this many should be achievable if we play the full 80. I'm backing the Reds to nab this one.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Brumbies
7:00pm kick off, Friday 2 March, Suncorp Stadium – Brisbane
1. James Slipper (C) – Bond University
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa - Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
4. Izack Rodda - Easts
5. Kane Douglas - Norths
6. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright – Easts (run-on debut)
8. Caleb Timu – Souths
9. James Tuttle – GPS
10. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
11. Eto Nabuli – GPS
12. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
13. Samu Kerevi – Souths
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
15. Aidan Toua – Easts

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. JP Smith – GPS
18. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Where do you see Wright playing Reg? He was an 8 in junior teams but looks like 7 may be his spot. I hope he doesn't end up on the Schatz/Browning pathway.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play on Friday night. Could be the start of a great Super career.

Status
Not open for further replies.