• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
We can do it.

Time for Quirk to have a break, Browning to come in. Owen has also done pretty well in his chances and could add some big hits early. Leave Lucas at 15, CFS straight back and Taps to 12. The other option is bring CFS onto the wing and leave the centres. That is prob more likely and conservative scenario. Fthat, it is time to live dangerously.

Slipper
Fainga'a
Owen
Simmons
Horwill
Browning
Robinson
Schatz
Genia
Cooper
Taulagi
Tapuai
CFS
Davies
Lucas

Hanson
Anae
Holmes
ODonoghue
McDuling
Frisby
Fainga'a
Harris

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reds don't have a snowflake's chance in hell of beating the Brumbies.

Brumbies have been too clinical in building pressure, and that's not been one of the reds strong points this year (neither on attack or defence).

The reds YouTube will talk about "must win" this and "learn from our mistakes" that throughout the week - but it will mean come Friday. The game plan we set out to play will be exposed for the fallacy it is by a better team that is just drilled better than we are.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
As Phil Kearns says, a good team beaten one week will come out and smash the opposition next game. Reds by 25.

something

Jim Clark (26)
I haven't really been following the brumbies this year and im not really bothered to trawl through the brums 2014 thread but how do you guys rate Larkham as the coach in comparison to White? Obviously he must be doing something right granted your position on the table. But has the game tactics changed much or is it a similar style to last year?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I haven't really been following the brumbies this year and im not really bothered to trawl through the brums 2014 thread but how do you guys rate Larkham as the coach in comparison to White? Obviously he must be doing something right granted your position on the table. But has the game tactics changed much or is it a similar style to last year?

I think the base is the same but Larkham and Fisher are giving them more freedom to attack its evolved into some really nice balance. They seem to have more then one game plan were last year it was strict.

They seem to come out like rampant dogs but are fading in the second half which is concerning. I think they be too much for the Reds but its no sure things we have alot of injuries in our pack..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

P

Paradox

Injuries are going to derail the Brumbies this year. Carter is now gone as well so we have the following out (too many forwards). Hopefully we get some back for the weekend but I think the Reds will win.

- Auleau
- Rathbone
- Speight
- Pocock
- Leo
- Sio
- Moore
- Carter
- Vaea

Injury concerns over To'omua and Mogg as well.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Injuries are going to derail the Brumbies this year. Carter is now gone as well so we have the following out (too many forwards). Hopefully we get some back for the weekend but I think the Reds will win.

- Auleau
- Rathbone
- Speight
- Pocock
- Leo
- Sio
- Moore
- Carter
- Vaea

Heard Rattlebones and Moore are back.. Leo's back... but yes our depth is being tested.. Carter is a massive loss his workrate is outstanding his made the most tackles in the comp I heard..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
As Phil Kearns says, a good team beaten one week will come out and smash the opposition next game. Reds by 25.
When was the last time Phil Kearns was right about anything?
He should get a job with the weather channel,that way no one has any expectations that he will ever be right!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

- Auleau
- Rathbone
- Speight
- Pocock
- Leo
- Sio
- Moore
- Carter
- Vaea

To'omua and Mogg are fine.......

Moore and Sio are back this week......

Maybe Rathbone too?

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
To'omua and Mogg are fine...

Moore and Sio are back this week..

Maybe Rathbone too?

If Sio and Moore are back the Brums should be favourites. Our scrum is a weapon with those two plus the reserves have had plenty of game time. Lock is a bit of a worry, but that's the only area and we still have fardy there.

Even without Speight the backs look great, quality inside backs and solid hard running midfielders with proven finishers in the back three.

Reds will still be tough though. Plenty of quality, just missing an a bit of class. They'll be right up for it though after the last game and if they had Gill and Digby I would be worried.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Reds don't have a snowflake's chance in hell of beating the Brumbies.

Brumbies have been too clinical in building pressure, and that's not been one of the reds strong points this year (neither on attack or defence).

The reds YouTube will talk about "must win" this and "learn from our mistakes" that throughout the week - but it will mean come Friday. The game plan we set out to play will be exposed for the fallacy it is by a better team that is just drilled better than we are.

Yea, many didn't think the Rebels had a snowflakes chance either....and well you know :)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Look you guys are done this year, beaten in SA and by the Force, and you should remember one of our senior players offered to kick the ball out so you would get a bonus point and a home semi final..

Squeaky was kind and I think you should give us a 4 try bonus point. , ,

Git's ruined it but he was a closet Force / Bieberr fan...

So let us the Brumbies win it for Qld ... dont let the dirty tahs do it ..

T

tranquility

Don't even joke. I hope Browning plays 6, Taps 12, CFS 13 and we beat the living day lights out of you.

The potential in our group is enormous when you consider how badly we are playing, and still only just losing. Some team, at some point this year is going to cop the brunt of us when it all clicks. Whether it is going to inconsequential to our season I'm not sure, but gee I hope it's this week.

If the Tahs for some abnormality end up being the only Australian team in the finals, I will support the next team who has never won it. Failing that I will put all the other sides in a hat, minus the Tahs of course, and support whoever I pull out.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Don't even joke. I hope Browning plays 6, Taps 12, CFS 13 and we beat the living day lights out of you.

The potential in our group is enormous when you consider how badly we are playing, and still only just losing. Some team, at some point this year is going to cop the brunt of us when it all clicks. Whether it is going to inconsequential to our season I'm not sure, but gee I hope it's this week.

If the Tahs for some abnormality end up being the only Australian team in the finals, I will support the next team who has never won it. Failing that I will put all the other sides in a hat, minus the Tahs of course, and support whoever I pull out.
All Im saying is you owe Moore one

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Spoken like a true Queenslander. Next thing you know we'll be hearing "We can't win the comp this year but we will have a good year if we can beat the Tahs."

Status
Not open for further replies.