• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Cheetahs, Rnd 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
Of course Queensland could just adopt daylight saving and there wouldn't be any issues (apart from faded curtains and sour milk of course).

I live in Coolangatta and Daylight Saving is a god-send. When NSW is an hour ahead I can go to the shops, make appointments, get shit done before my work starts an hour later in QLD.

If you keep agitating this shit, when do you think I'm going to have a chance to go to Amart All Sports and spend time justifying yet another pair of boots?(You know, for those games where it isn't raining, but it rained the night before)

Think of the suffering man!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I not sure what to think of the changes. Shame about Turner. Glad Mikey is back.

First home game!!!! Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeessssssssss!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Of course Queensland could just adopt daylight saving and there wouldn't be any issues (apart from faded curtains and sour milk of course).

Peter Beattie thought that skin cancer rates would soar if that dastardly southern idea of daylight saving was introduced into the great state of Queensland. ;)

We love them all the same though:).

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Happy that Harris is back, but Daley concerns me. Anae for mine would be the better option. We need to exercise some discipline and reduce our penalty count and Daley has been a penalty magnet in the past. The Cheetahs will also be hurting and will want to chalk up a win on the road. If the reds turn up with the same attitude as last week expecting 4 or 5 points and the cheetahs dominate the scrum and make yards up the middle we will be 1 from 3.
Cant agree more with the sentiments about long distance shots at goal. Its a low percentage play for the reds and we need to eradicate it from the game plan. I am hoping RG knows what he is doing and is not just rearranging the deckchairs.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I always thought it was stupid that people need every clock in the state adjusted just so they can get up an hour earlier. Now there is something that tops it; WA and QLD having to adjust our live sport to accommodate the tv viewing public of NSW.
Even if I could go, there's no way I could do a 6:40 kick off on a Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I always thought it was stupid that people need every clock in the state adjusted just so they can get up an hour earlier. Now there is something that tops it; WA and QLD having to adjust our live sport to accommodate the tv viewing public of NSW.
Even if I could go, there's no way I could do a 6:40 kick off on a Friday.

It's not just NSW. It allows everywhere to televise consecutive games on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Maybe you could request an 8.30pm kick off in the NZ game?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I really want Ben Daley to be fantastic because he's come up through the GCDRU but he just isn't.

I was so goddamn stoked when he made the Reds and had that stint in the Wallabies but these days I can't say that I'm ever stoked to see him run onto the field.

I'd love to see him spend an entire offseason in South Africa at an intesnsive prop training program - he could spend his days scrummaging against lads from the veld, munching on 'tong and following an Alistair Overeem supplement program.

He's 25 though, how old is that in Prop-years?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He's only 25? Props only tend to start coming good in their mid twenties in my experience.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
back in the 'old days' it was always late 20s. But I think that's come down a fair chunk in the pro era.

Daley's time is now.

He was mullered last week when he came on, the Reds pack was put on roller skates with Palu's biggest issues being his lack of soccer skills at the scrums speed

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Most players take a bit of time to build when coming from injury. They generally don't pick up where they left off.

Ben's in the squad for a reason, I've no doubt he'll get backup again!

Status
Not open for further replies.