• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Chiefs -Suncorp Stadium 13 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I haven't really experienced any in Canberra since I went to a Raiders game back in the 80s...

Loig fans tend to get feral...

However I usually sit amongst members for Brumbies games and it's a very laid bak affair... Similar to NSW games...

For rabid Fanbases the AFL is the way to go...

AFL people are soft. I went to a Demons vs Port match in Darwin a couple of years ago. I got plenty of odd looks for my cheering.

Brumbies crowd is a bit passive from my experience. I was at the 2010 Reds game at Bruce. Me and my brother were nice and vocal in support of the Reds. The crowd in front gave us the strangest of looks like stunned mullets. Funny thing was after losing both locks, Gits firing and getting rolled, they threw it all back at us. Good on them and it was good clean fun full of passion minus any abuse or bad language.

I look forward to being down there next weekend for the Reds game.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mate, you can go anywhere & find boorish fans from any team who are ignorant of the finer aspects of the game. Yes, even Wellington. What a rubbish comment!

Mate you might want to go back and read through the thread to know why I wrote what I did, before the selective quoting.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
AFL people are soft. I went to a Demons vs Port match in Darwin a couple of years ago. I got plenty of odd looks for my cheering.

Brumbies crowd is a bit passive from my experience. I was at the 2010 Reds game at Bruce. Me and my brother were nice and vocal in support of the Reds. The crowd in front gave us the strangest of looks like stunned mullets. Funny thing was after losing both locks, Gits firing and getting rolled, they threw it all back at us. Good on them and it was good clean fun full of passion minus any abuse or bad language.

Ruggo you need to go to a Carlton v Collingwood game at the MCG or even Essendon vs one of those sides to get the "feel" for the rabid AFL fever. Many moons ago I went to a Carlton v Collingwood match at the MCG- the game where Silvagni took the mark of the year when he marked on Starcevich and about 75k there and the place was electric. Some games still are but usually don't involve the Demons :)

I like most rugby crowds I've experienced. Seen some poor form but in the most part people move on and hands are shaken at the end. Cricket games are probably the worst I've encountered.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

There's your problem though...

Two rather poor teams in Darwin...

As ACT Crusader mentioned... catch any of the big teams at the MCG and fans there go crazy... and with that you get a lot of really fired up people going apeshit at the umpire...

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Mate you might want to go back and read through the thread to know why I wrote what I did, before the selective quoting.

I stand by my comment. To single out one teams supporters with comments like that, no matter what the context, and not see that it's endemic to any sporting team the world over is inflammatory & over the top. You needed to be called out over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.