• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Waratahs, 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

08umema

This is true, however he has played well as a utility. Morahan is no doubt the favoured fullback. The guy has some serious toe.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If Davies is out I would prefer to see Toua take his spot on the wing and use Lucas off the bench. This isn't anything against Lucas, I just think he can make a huge impact when he comes on the field like on Saturday night. With his enthusiasim he charged down a kick and tackled Aplon in goal. I thought both were big plays in the game.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Tahs really need to make a few key changes for next week. Six things stood out for me in the Blues game:

1. That Beale is only a back-up/long range kicker and Barnes or Hangers must kick goals. Both kick successfully in Shute, though as soon as McKibben is on I would give him the place kicks.

1. in a wider sense is this a problem at the national level. in general, all(?) of our opponents in S15 have a 5/8 who generally plays every match for the whole game and takes all the kicks at a reasonable %. What do we have in Oz?
    - NSW 3 different 5/8 and the same number of kickers
    - Qld Coops as the stand in 5/8 but wobbly kicking
    - ACT Gits struggling
    - Force not sure
    - Rebels someone fulfilling the criteria but not eligible to play for Oz!

would be good if somebody can add more details as these numbers above are off the top of my head. BUT is this a real concern for the wallabies, it seems we will go into the world cup without a stand out kicker, replicating what we've seen over the past decade.

Sorry if this is off topic but i see what is going on with NSW symptomatic of a wider malaise.

T

TheTruth

Stuff it - REDS by 9 but a tough tough encounter in the forwards with Reds Backs to outshine Tahs

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
While it is enjoyable watching the Reds at the moment in these games current form counts for very little. All of these guys know each other so well that many of the things that they do against foriegn opposition they can't do here. It will be a tight game with limited opportunities to run with the ball. The weather isn't going to help the Reds to much as it's raining til the weekend in Brisbane. The team that kicks the most goals will win.

T

TOCC

^^ Samo is just saying what all us Queenslanders have been thinking!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs could lose every game except the 2 against QLD and I would call the year a success. Forwards to dominate, Backs to just play field position to outmuscle them. If we are going to win this, it is going to be at the breakdown and the scrum. With Phil, Cliffy, TC and Afa back, I don't rate the Reds' chances.

B

BRIX

I've actually got a good feeling about this. If anyone is going to sink the Queenslanders it's going to be the boys in sky blue. Reds flew back from a long trip from the Republic but haven't quite arrived to their destination yet; Reality.

They'll squander an early lead to give the Tahs bragging rights for another season.

NSW by 8

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Tahs could lose every game except the 2 against QLD and I would call the year a success. Forwards to dominate, Backs to just play field position to outmuscle them. If we are going to win this, it is going to be at the breakdown and the scrum. With Phil, Cliffy, TC and Afa back, I don't rate the Reds' chances.

I can't agree with you on that one No 1. Whilst beating QLD is important to me, I would trade it in a heartbeat for winning the competition. As it turns out, the Tahs will likely need to beat the Reds in this match for even a slim chance of the Super title. I don't think the Reds need to win as much given how far ahead of the Tahs they are in the conference. Having Waugh, Carter and Palu back will certainly help the Waratahs cause, and I hope it will make for a better game too.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
This is sure to be a classic struggle, Reds have been the underdogs for some time after a period of domination. Is the wheel about to turn again?? The Reds have been getting better and better as the season has progressed, from a less than convincing start, the Tahs have been all over the shop, showing no real consistency. Both teams have a up and coming roster, perhaps the Reds more so. Pundits say the Tahs scrum will be dominant......I'm not so sure! Go the Reds!

REDS by 10!!!!:)

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Reds by 10. Played a brilliant tight gameplan vs Stormers. Bring that plan to the clash this weekend and they will out enthuse waratahs.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds by 10. Played a brilliant tight gameplan vs Stormers. Bring that plan to the clash this weekend and they will out enthuse waratahs.

You actually think that you can beat the Tahs by keeping it tight and engaging in a kicking battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.