• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I went to a friend's house a few weeks ago, and we were having a small chat about rugby. His father overheard and mentioned that he was an England fan ::) . I laughed and scoffed, and then left thinking that it was a mere joke.

Today, going to my friends place again, his Dad heard that i was coming and lined up his tape of the 2003 RWC Final, the exact moment where Wilkinson slotted the drop-goal to win and played it as I watched and he roared with laughter. :angryfire:

What would be the best match or moment to return serve with? Any ideas? Theres plenty, I know, but which would be the best, most embarassing defeat for England at the hands of the Wallabies?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
tighthead.gif

Works for me

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
1991 RWC final at Twickenham.

40-15 Sydney 1991

England's 40-year losing stretch of 10 games in Australia

England playing with 16 men v Westren Samoa in 2003 RWC and not being disqualified from the tournament.

The foreign legion playing for England.

It's not hard, Mate.

R

rugbywhisperer

It shouldn't be too hard - they have only had the one success.
pretty much a bunch of tosers really over the long term.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Righto, emailed that .gif to his iPhone (thanks Gagger) and borrowed my friends DVD of the 51 - 15 smashing in 2004. Im expecting him to pull out the DVD of Eng vs Aus in Marseilles, which I actually hate more (because i was too young to be truely scarred by the 03 DG), so im trying to find the 76-0 on tape.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Slightly OT, but when I wen't to visit my sister and her boyfriend's family at their house in Wales last year, my Sister's boyfriend's mother delighted in showing me the sun room as soon as I got there, because that was the room that had the framed poster of Johnny kicking the aforementioned drop goal (They are Poms living in Wales). When my sister and her boyfriend moved back last year, his mother gave him a copy of the poster to bring back with him.

My sister has banned him from hanging it in their apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.