• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Richard Graham to quit the Force and join the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Richard Graham in shock switch to Queensland Reds
WESTERN Force's Richard Graham will leave Perth at the end of the year to coach the Queensland Reds.
Reds incumbent Ewen McKenzie will assume a director of coaching role with the Super Rugby champions.
It is understood the Reds approached Graham, who has two years remaining on his contract at the Force.
Born in Charleville in western Queensland, Graham played fullback for Queensland and Australia A before coaching at English clubs Bath and Saracens.
Graham returned to Australia to assist Wallabies coach Robbie Deans in 2009 and became John Mitchell's assistant at the Force the following year.
He is in his second year as head coach of the Force.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-queensland-reds/story-e6frg7mf-1226327985217

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
So who is going to coach the Force? Is this what the Cheika rumor was?

Someone always has to link Cheika to a vacant coaching role in Oz :)

M

Moono75

See my post in Western Force thread. I hope the Force have a back up plan with a high profile coach in mind. I don't want 2013 f#cked before we have even got there yet. Any chance Pocock could depart with Graham to the Reds?

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I am concerned with the effect of this announcement on the Force players for the rest of this year. They are already not having the greatest season, but this could make it into a disaster.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
See my post in Western Force thread. I hope the Force have a back up plan with a high profile coach in mind. I don't want 2013 f#cked before we have even got there yet. Any chance Pocock could depart with Graham to the Reds?

Maybe Pocock to capt/coach double. In all seriousness I'd be surprised if Pocock would leave the Force.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
This is just awesome boardroom play from the Reds.

Conversely, having this announced in the middle of the season, classic Force.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Peter de Villiers to take over at the Force.......
Or when the Lions get dropped from Super rugby to allow Port Elizabth in Mitchell will return to the Force and be joined by Giteau who has a falling out with Toulon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.