• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rio Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And as I type, those of us who have just arrived home from work can watch

The Chase on 7

60 minute makeover on 7two

Swamp People on 7 mate

I mean seriously, this passes for coverage????:mad:

2012 we had 24/7 coverage of fox

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think we've reached peak Olympics in many ways. The coverage, whilst better on FTA this time, is still pretty substandard. There are too many sports and have been for a long time and it's become so expensive that there is next to no economic benefit to holding them. I think the IOC and member countries really need to take stock of it, because I can't see much of a future if it continues as it is. The warning sign has to be the lack of future bids, surely. The problem is that there are too many snouts in the trough and vested interests to do much about it right now.

I love the sport aspect of it, but pretty much everything else about it stinks now.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And as I type, those of us who have just arrived home from work can watch

The Chase on 7

60 minute makeover on 7two

Swamp People on 7 mate

I mean seriously, this passes for coverage????:mad:

2012 we had 24/7 coverage of fox

You realise that there's nothing happening in Rio at that time, and the network has other programming that's not the Olympics?

And there's a 24 hr multi-channel streaming app?

Seriously, complaining for the sake of complaining..........

Did you know there's also no test rugby being shown on Ch10 at 5pm on a Tuesday?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Did you know there's also no test rugby being shown on Ch10 at 5pm on a Tuesday?

That's quite possibly the most ludicrous statement on this thread, but in keeping with your practice of setting up straw men to knock down.

No there's nothing on at Rio at 5pm Sydney time - all the events are on during the day when a lot of us are at work. So maybe, just maybe the people arriving home at work might like to see what has been going on all day while they were at work. I realise that it might sound like a novel concept to you, but to some of us it makes some sense. You know, replaying things when the majority of people are at home to watch, when there's a fair chance that they missed it live. See the logic??????????????????

Maybe you are at home all day, maybe you can watch this stuff at work.

And just maybe some of us don't have live streaming or prefer to watch things on a real TV not an iphone.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's quite possibly the most ludicrous statement on this thread, but in keeping with your practice of setting up straw men to knock down.

No there's nothing on at Rio at 5pm Sydney time - all the events are on during the day when a lot of us are at work. So maybe, just maybe the people arriving home at work might like to see what has been going on all day while they were at work. I realise that it might sound like a novel concept to you, but to some of us it makes some sense. You know, replaying things when the majority of people are at home to watch, when there's a fair chance that they missed it live. See the logic??????????????????

Maybe you are at home all day, maybe you can watch this stuff at work.

And just maybe some of us don't have live streaming or prefer to watch things on a real TV not an iphone.

That's why you either download the app, or wait until 7pm for the day's highlights.......

Or watch the news...............

There's literally only a few hours a day when the Olympics are not on FTA.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There's literally only a few hours a day when the Olympics are not on FTA.

Like the time when most people can watch the coverage.

But of course watching bogan poms redecorating their house or odd balls catching frogs in swamps is far betting viewing and likely to be watched by more people. Probably cheaper than buying Olympic rights as well.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just on the topic of Foxtel.........

Most people don't have it - it's too expensive..........

And to get the sports package on their streaming service (Foxtel Play) you have to spend at least $45 per month..........

And you would only get it across a few channels.............

And you couldn't watch events on demand.............

So in summary - the 7app is cheaper, more readily available to the general public, has more channels, and more content on demand...........

It's had some technical issues, but Foxtel Play is riddled with problems - during the last RWC Fox Sports went down on the last Saturday night in the group rounds.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So the women's basketball have been knocked out - that's a pretty big choke for a medal-favourite team.

The Campbell sisters and our swimmers in general were below par IMHO besides a couple of shining lights. Our track hopes didn't fire.

I've figured it out of course: Swisse Vitamins.

Remember how Ricky Ponting was sponsored by them, then turned to shit? And James O'Connor was the same?

Bam. Proven.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There have been some massive chokes from the Aussies in this Olympics. The hockey teams were bounced out in the quarters too, with the men ranked No. 1 coming into the games. Apparently it's the first time in 32 years that no Aussie team has walked away with a medal.

Pfitzy is also onto something with Swisse I think. They should be banned from Aussie sport.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Our women's 7s team are lucky they played so early in the games.

If they were playing now they'd be far more aware of the potential for a highly favoured Aussie team to underperform.

Looks like Swisse will have to double the amount of placebo they put in their tablets. The current recipes are clearly not providing a big enough mental boost.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So the women's basketball have been knocked out - that's a pretty big choke for a medal-favourite team.

The Campbell sisters and our swimmers in general were below par IMHO besides a couple of shining lights. Our track hopes didn't fire.

I've figured it out of course: Swisse Vitamins.

Remember how Ricky Ponting was sponsored by them, then turned to shit? And James O'Connor was the same?

Bam. Proven.

They're clearly not performance enhancing are they?:)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Our women's 7s team are lucky they played so early in the games.

If they were playing now they'd be far more aware of the potential for a highly favoured Aussie team to underperform.

Looks like Swisse will have to double the amount of placebo they put in their tablets. The current recipes are clearly not providing a big enough mental boost.

Personally I thought the girls were great in bringing home Gold.

I don't think they were LUCKY at all - well played and well deserved

They were obviously well prepared both physically and mentally and would have cleaned up irrespective of when they played.

Status
Not open for further replies.