• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rnd 18: Brumbies v Reds

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How is that high?
He was tackling him too hard?

Shit reffing is pathetic.

It was a yellow card at the least........

I don't think the ref did a great job communicating it.......... but it was definitely high, and I have to disagree with the opinion that there was an attempt to use the arms.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I got a little nervous after both Lilo and AAA went off, but glad they were able to finish the game off.........

Tom Wright putting his hand up for a wing spot next year.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
They've got 1-4 pencilled in. Certainly the backrowers are all pressing strong claims - you'd think 1-2 will ultimately start. Powell's locked in the bench spot. Lilo is probably front runner for 10, TK is in, Banks you'd have to think is in, even the wingers are around the mark. It's a matter of fitting the best of the rest around the Brumbies core now.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
It was a yellow card at the least....

I don't think the ref did a great job communicating it.... but it was definitely high, and I have to disagree with the opinion that there was an attempt to use the arms.

Shoulder to shoulder shouldnt be considered high. The only part of that tackle i thought could have been a problem was the timing but the ref was happy with it.

S

Show-n-go

I don't think the ref did a great job communicating it.... but it was definitely high, and I have to disagree with the opinion that there was an attempt to use the arms.

It was fine ref shit himself cause lilo dropped like a sack of potatoes

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Despite all the dreamy rubbish talked about late last season and early this year that B Thorn ‘would transform the poor culture of the Stiles Reds era and the on-field results would soon improve’, Thorn has left the Reds this year with precisely the same Super-losing, bottom dweller position of 2018. Nothing has really changed at all, and how could it with an unproven rookie HC when the Reds squad desperately needed a seasoned HC like a White or the equivalent.

The new happy-talk QRU PR balm of ‘a developing young Reds squad’ is just as silly as the ‘big culture change’ stuff was. With Kerevi gone, the residual squad is average at best and totally lacks enough distinguished, proven players to enter the 2020 Super Finals.

In world terms, it’s all a 50th grade tragedy what’s gone on at the QRU and for the fans who’ve suffered so much, just all of it since 2012.

But for those of us that once loved Link and his coaching group and some wonderful players then, and the promise of 2012 after 2 golden years, it’s so sad, so sorry, it feels like a long, drawn out death of hope and belief. But it was a chronicle of a death that could be foretold, and was foretold.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

The front on replay clearly showed both arms being used. It looked high in real time, and late. In replay it just looked hard, albeit still a little late maybe. The fact the TMO and ref were saying "close to the head" suggests to me they've gone all-in for a YC and are scrambling to make the argument for it. Not a good look.

S

Show-n-go

The front on replay clearly showed both arms being used. It looked high in real time, and late. In replay it just looked hard, albeit still a little late maybe. The fact they TMO and ref were saying "close to the head" suggests to me they've gone all-in for a YC and are scrambling to make the argument for it. Not a good look.

Real time it looked fucking horrible, if there was no replay I would’ve defs said red card......thank god for replays

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Real time it looked fucking horrible, if there was no replay I would’ve defs said red card..thank god for replays

I agree. I commented immediately on Twitter it looked Latu-esque stupid, but admit, on replay, I was overly harsh. I think it was just a good hard tackle.
We should be prepared for many more of these discussion come Test season / RWC. The signs are there this will be possibly the hottest topic.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I agree. I commented immediately on Twitter it looked Latu-esque stupid, but admit, on replay, I was overly harsh. I think it was just a good hard tackle.
We should be prepared for many more of these discussion come Test season / RWC. The signs are there this will be possibly the hottest topic.

Probably good for us. Only way we might win a RWC is with a few fortuitous, unfair red cards to our oppositions.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
When you can’t explain why it’s a yellow probably a good indication it’s not.

The problem again was the TMO. He said the contact was with Christian's head (when it wasn't), but the ref then said that Tupou's shoulder was near the head but didn't hit it. The TMO agreed but still thought there was contact with the head.

The tackle was in fact a no-arms shoulder charge and was rightly Yellow Carded even if for the wrong reason. The comment that there was too much force was just plain wrong.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The front on replay clearly showed both arms being used. It looked high in real time, and late. In replay it just looked hard, albeit still a little late maybe. The fact the TMO and ref were saying "close to the head" suggests to me they've gone all-in for a YC and are scrambling to make the argument for it. Not a good look.

It's that same angle that does get him for being high though............

But we'll have to agree to disagree about the arms - he doesn't really lift that right arm up until after the contact.