• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Root for the Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm more pissed off that a betting agency can advertise to children and tourists flying into Melbourne than about the message itself. Had the ARU done it, fair game, although a message like that would fire up the Lions. Didn't we just have gambling advertising reforms on the small screen and suddenly 170x90m billboards are going up? Sounds like a little bit of a double standard to me.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You know it funny on a website for rugby etc, but seriously does anyone really think it good in a field leading into Melbourne?? I like daz, would never consider myself a prude, but I like to think I got a smidgen of taste. Man the tourists flying in from around the world who have no idea what it is about , and don't know or follow rugby, must think Aussie is a really classy place. If you want to use argument that it gets rugby on front page, just get your players to all get pissed, and hassle some women etc, that would have same affect!!

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
jeez didn't know there were so many pc people on this site :rolleyes:

its a joke have a laugh, if people don't get it that's fine they will be in the very small minority and if you don't like it itll be gone soon so no need to worry about it

M

Muttonbird

That "Abstain for the Game" campaign worked out alright, didn't it? The good work must have been done before it was pulled.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You know it funny on a website for rugby etc, but seriously does anyone really think it good in a field leading into Melbourne?? I like daz, would never consider myself a prude, but I like to think I got a smidgen of taste. Man the tourists flying in from around the world who have no idea what it is about , and don't know or follow rugby, must think Aussie is a really classy place. If you want to use argument that it gets rugby on front page, just get your players to all get pissed, and hassle some women etc, that would have same affect!!

To really hit the big time, how about you get some Rugby Playing Officer cadets to do that.

Oh wait that box has just been ticked by the Australian Defence Force Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.