• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10: Crusaders v Rebels

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So this week we see the 4th place Crusaders returning from a bye and three wins on the trot, looking to secure finals and cement there run at a 8th consecutive title facing off with the bankrupt riddled Melbourne Rebels sitting 12th on the table after losing to the bottom of the table Force last weekend.

I feel like this is what we should be saying heading into the game, not the opposite.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: Johnny McNicholl, Sevu Reece, Levi Aumua, Dallas McLeod, Heremaia Murray, Rivez Reihana, Mitchell Drummond, Christian Lio-Willie, Ethan Blackadder, Cullen Grace, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Fletcher Newell, Brodie McAlister, George Bower. Reserves: George Bell, Joe Moody, Owen Franks, Jamie Hannah, Corey Kellow, Noah Hotham, David Havili, Chay Fihaki.

Nice to see ScoBar & Havili back but I fear it's a little late.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Alex Mafi, Sam Talakai (c), Tuaina Taii Tualima, Josh Canham, Josh Kemeny, Maciu Nabolakasi, Vaiolini Ekuasi, Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Darby Lancaster, David Feliuai, Filipo Daugunu, Lachie Anderson, Andrew Kellaway

RESERVES: Jordan Uelese, Isaac Kailea, Taniela Tupou, Angelo Smith, Rob Leota, Jack Maunder, Matt Proctor, Nick Jooste

Canham and Leota Back Good
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Out Bad
Mafi swap with Uelese interesting
Maunder still In ?????

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Crusaders: Johnny McNicholl, Sevu Reece, Levi Aumua, Dallas McLeod, Heremaia Murray, Rivez Reihana, Mitchell Drummond, Christian Lio-Willie, Ethan Blackadder, Cullen Grace, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Fletcher Newell, Brodie McAlister, George Bower. Reserves: George Bell, Joe Moody, Owen Franks, Jamie Hannah, Corey Kellow, Noah Hotham, David Havili, Chay Fihaki.

Nice to see ScoBar & Havili back but I fear it's a little late.
Scott Barrett back will be a huge lift for the Crusaders forwards and he's an inspirational captain. I fear that the Rebels will face a far different Crusaders at home than the last two weeks away. If the Rebels win big I know I have been translated to an alternate universe.

Not too late for the Crusaders at all. They've only got to get into 8th position and they are in with a chance. Because of the top two spots on the table I think they'll play the quarters and semi's in NZ.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That's a bad sign for the Rebels, they've usually been able to rely on a dominant scrum to keep them in games

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I hate the intentional knock down rule, but Carter might have been a bit lucky there for that to have just been called a knock on. Never in a position to catch it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
not sure if it’s just the front row, Talakai and Gibbon are good, I wonder if it’s the engine room. Either way gotta get Tupou & Uelese on soon.