• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10 : Reds v Blues

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
So ends a fairly grim weekend for Australian sides.
I'm not sure it was that bad Derpus. The Rebels game aside, The Force, Waratahs and Reds were all beaten by a team higher on the ladder and for The Force and Reds it was there for the winning.

The Brumbies beat the unbeaten top of the table team.

The Rebels game obviously wasn't great considering how the Crusaders have been tracking, but with them back at home after their atrocious run the bounce back wasn't entirely surprising, though they really did make swiss cheese of the Rebels defence.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm not sure it was that bad Derpus. The Rebels game aside, The Force, Waratahs and Reds were all beaten by a team higher on the ladder and for The Force and Reds it was there for the winning.

The Brumbies beat the unbeaten top of the table team.

The Rebels game obviously wasn't great considering how the Crusaders have been tracking, but with them back at home after their atrocious run the bounce back wasn't entirely surprising, though they really did make swiss cheese of the Rebels defence.
Yeah I was perhaps being a bit negative.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oracle I don’t think HMP has shown his ability to close out the game yet. I think the reason Creighton is there over him at the moment is to balance the inexperience we have lost with Tate, Fraser and Jordy out. Unfortunately he didn’t deliver last night. Jock didn’t help.

BR - I had my old bonus point hat on and was still thinking 4 tries = bonus point regardless. I was wrong. But won’t make a big difference.

Coleman I know you are just trying to stir shit but that win will do more for the team positively than negatively. It was a very good performance.

Coleman Rees

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oracle I don’t think HMP has shown his ability to close out the game yet. I think the reason Creighton is there over him at the moment is to balance the inexperience we have lost with Tate, Fraser and Jordy out. Unfortunately he didn’t deliver last night. Jock didn’t help.

BR - I had my old bonus point hat on and was still thinking 4 tries = bonus point regardless. I was wrong. But won’t make a big difference.

Coleman I know you are just trying to stir shit but that win will do more for the team positively than negatively. It was a very good performance.
Reg upon reflection yes there were some great moments (in particular the signs ahead are very promising), but I think it was a hammer blow for season 2024.
I will concede that the reds are a much improved side this year, coaching staff deserve a lot of credit. They have regenerated a squad which I thought had maxed out.

Neo

Peter Burge (5)
Agree about match management. It’s where Creighton and Jock needed to step up. Lawsons kicking was aimless and I didn’t see much of Jock at all.
Jock has been woeful this year. Destined for the Force if he dosent improve

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Must say I've changed my mind on Ryan Smith, another big shift in tight from him. Moves bodies at the breakdown as well as anyone, reckon he's in the Wallabies frame for sure.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Must say I've changed my mind on Ryan Smith, another big shift in tight from him. Moves bodies at the breakdown as well as anyone, reckon he's in the Wallabies frame for sure.
I think he is deserving too, I think he remains a bit of a Reds fan's secret, a bit like Liam Wright. Fans from other teams don't seem to appreciate how much impact they have on a game. I would have them both in a Wallabies squad.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think Ryan Smith is a great example of someone who puts in the work at every level.

You talk to his Brothers team mates and even they're impressed by how much he’s developed in the last couple of years.

I’m sure if he got a Wallaby nod he would keep learning and working on his game as well, seems to have that type of character.

Last edited: