• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 12: Reds v Rebels Fri 12th 7:35PM @ Suncorp

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Did Tupou go off injured or did he just not do anything? Bloke only got me 2 fantasy points.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Hadn't realised just what a gimme of a conversion Gordon missed at 27 min.

Obviously you can't say what would have happened, but that last 7 mins looks a lot different if the Rebels are down by 2 and not 4

Last edited:

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
He's un-selectable for the Wallabies IMO.
kicking should not be the only criteria, he passed a perfect cut out pass that has not been seen in Australia since Cooper was playing, he can defend better than other 10's.

I think he brings the opportunity for more points than he would lose from poor kicking to the team so would be a positive, the other very important point is why does he have to kick? Any one in the 15 on the field can take kicks and there is nothing that says that a 10 has to take the kicks.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
kicking should not be the only criteria, he passed a perfect cut out pass that has not been seen in Australia since Cooper was playing, he can defend better than other 10's.

I think he brings the opportunity for more points than he would lose from poor kicking to the team so would be a positive, the other very important point is why does he have to kick? Any one in the 15 on the field can take kicks and there is nothing that says that a 10 has to take the kicks.
So who kicks goals if not our 10?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lonergan or White?

Why is it only up to 10's to have this skill?

John Eales was pretty handy under pressure so there are opportunities for others to kick.
Its not but currently it pretty much is our only option.

Lonergan maybe. But asking Nic White to be your main goal kicker in a test? nah. Gordon at 10 makes us compromise elsewhere in unacceptable ways (Donaldson at fullback, for example).

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)

I usually agree with this sentiment but the problem is that no one else does so out of our choices at 10 I feel he'll likely miss out on his kicking ability.

Which is shit for him as he'll get punished for having a skill no less (and likely better) than the rest of the team.....

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Just looking at some stats from the weekend.

According to ESPN, on top of his try scoring, Tim ‘Junkyard Dog’ Ryan made 7 tackles at100% accuracy.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just looking at some stats from the weekend.

According to ESPN, on top of his try scoring, Tim ‘Junkyard Dog’ Ryan made 7 tackles at100% accuracy.

More impressive than it sounds given McReight 9; Wright, Wilson, Nasser 8; Blyth 7; Faessler 6. Note also that the "Dog Watch" has Tom with nil misses.

The other player stats that stand out of me are for Jock who is definitely getting more involved and standing at first receiver a lot. 10 runs for 81m (best in the backs); 1 clean break, 4 defenders beaten. Huge game from Jock Campbell.