• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 12: Reds v Rebels Fri 12th 7:35PM @ Suncorp

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
End of the day the rebels high performance and coaching staff are incompetent. To go into a game with one hooker

They burn money flying a third hooker up and play in the QPR. Did Dobbins forget his boots? Absolutely farcical
I find it hard to beleive you would not have the third string hooker at the ground, I think the only excuse could be if it happens in a warm up them he may not get the ground in time for kick off.

If you then lose your hooker in the 1st minute what happens? you have already told the referee you have 2 hookers.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
He's looking the goods, and certainly best of the wingers on show tonight. But that was a god-awful non-attempt (probably won't even earn a missed tackle stat it was so poor) by Kellaway after he was turned inside out earlier by Campbell. He is not the safe last line of defence many on here claim. Better on the wing.
Playing the ball off the ground when in trouble and giving away a penalty was Vunivaluesque, it was almost as if he did not realise it was not within the laws of the game

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nup before the first whistle from memory. Harris did his string 90 seconds before kick off in Perth years back and we pushed Hodge to 10 and added someone to the bench
I am not smart enough to know if this explains it, 7 rugby laws you didn't know, look at the squad size chapter

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kellaway defensive decision making exposed a few times late. Yep sure a man down but at least make a play at the man. Got left grasping at air twice with feet planted.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Surprised the crowd was so poor but it has been a very crappy week weather wise in Brisbane and despite my jibes to a few earlier in the week, the temps have definitely dropped.

Goes to show we have a long way to go to bringing back the big numbers.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I find it hard to beleive you would not have the third string hooker at the ground, I think the only excuse could be if it happens in a warm up them he may not get the ground in time for kick off.

If you then lose your hooker in the 1st minute what happens? you have already told the referee you have 2 hookers.
Surely if we lost Uelese earlier than Dobbins had time to put his playing kit on then we could have put Talikai into hooker.

Or my understanding of the laws maybe it’s applied a little differently here with low numbers. But we have always had it that you drop to 14 to go uncontested. Yet as soon as you can field a full front row you go back to 15

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Was at the game live. Not much between the teams in an ordinary affair. If Rebels had a back up hooker they win this, so one reds prob got away with. Neither team will shake the top 4 teams

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_8030.jpeg

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Tough win for the Reds but a win all the same so happy to take it.

A bit worried about the injury to Wilson though & Blyth seemed to be in discomfort on the bench too.

Josh Flook should’ve been curled up in a corner somewhere with ice packs all over his ribs but seemed amazingly healthy after the game (well - as much as you can tell from a brief post game interview).

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
That crowd looked very small on tv, got to be worrying for QRU if they have to rely on opposition fans to make for a decent crowd. As Reg noted, Rebels don't draw a crowd but Reds had seemed to have a positive buzz around them this year so would have expected them to attract more interest.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That crowd looked very small on tv, got to be worrying for QRU if they have to rely on opposition fans to make for a decent crowd. As Reg noted, Rebels don't draw a crowd but Reds had seemed to have a positive buzz around them this year so would have expected them to attract more interest.

Just no profile of them I’m afraid. Just can’t compete the with profile of the Broncos. People have less disposable income and their preferences are elsewhere.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Crowd might have been impacted with magic round. I had a couple of mates that in normal circumstances would come but are at magic round next week, so refrained from coming as they will be away from family entire weekend.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm
Agree on Kellaway definitely. Wing is where he plays his best footy although young Ryan might bolt into his spot! Gotta love a winger with pace and can beat a man with a step, swerve and jinks.
Let's be fair though. Ryan has done that to a few in the last few weeks. His try against the blues was insane

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Was at the game live. Not much between the teams in an ordinary affair. If Rebels had a back up hooker they win this, so one reds prob got away with. Neither team will shake the top 4 teams
Actually when the reds really turn up I think they can beat anybody. Staying at that high standard is something they have not achieved this year.

Rebels similar but a lower standard of high and much lower low.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Actually when the reds really turn up I think they can beat anybody. Staying at that high standard is something they have not achieved this year.

Rebels similar but a lower standard of high and much lower low.
The Reds, by and large, seem to play to the opposition’s level - turn up against stronger sides, drop the ball against others. It’s so incredibly frustrating.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Reds, by and large, seem to play to the opposition’s level - turn up against stronger sides, drop the ball against others. It’s so incredibly frustrating.
Yep, we've been doing it for years & that coupled with our ability to come away with a bonus point loss shits me to tears!