• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 12: Waratahs v Brumbies Sat 11th 7.35PM @ ALLIANZ STADIUM

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Definitely not our season
No. But I didn't actually think the Brumbies were all that flash this game. We (Tahs) had some early opportunities we just didn't convert and we chewed up way too much time in the 22 converting our last try.

I felt Jed had a really solid game. He's got to be in the Wallabies mix. Walton had some lovely moments and the forwards generally fronted up well. One of the better games from Mark in awhile. The Brumbies just know how to push the breakdown line with the ref and their ruck security is generally just better. It really was the difference in the end as their attacking plays/structures were all a bit meh, even in the dry first half.

griffins

Darby Loudon (17)
No. But I didn't actually think the Brumbies were all that flash this game. We (Tahs) had some early opportunities we just didn't convert and we chewed up way too much time in the 22 converting our last try.

I felt Jed had a really solid game. He's got to be in the Wallabies mix. Walton had some lovely moments and the forwards generally fronted up well. One of the better games from Mark in awhile. The Brumbies just know how to push the breakdown line with the ref and their ruck security is generally just better. It really was the difference in the end as their attacking plays/structures were all a bit meh, even in the dry first half.
Agree Holloway and Swinton the oick up the tahs. Stsrting hooker playing at a level far above what could be reasonably expected from him too.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Cheating you mean?
I wouldn't go that far, no. You play to the ref. But there are some aspects of the breakdown which seem more than a little questionable and impact the nature of the contest. I wouldn't say the Tahs were always on point either, but the Brumbies do seem to push the line more.

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
15 out of the last 16 games now to the Brumbies. The Waratahs would have to be one of the worst provincial sporting teams in the world. The biggest population, the most corporate $, the most juniors etc etc etc

Love2Scrum

Darby Loudon (17)
Doesn’t help with the injuries (16 with 10 front row) they’ve had. Looks like Jack Barrett will have to back up after tonight’s injury with Harry Johnson-Holmes tonight’s game vs Brumbies???

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
15 out of the last 16 games now to the Brumbies. The Waratahs would have to be one of the worst provincial sporting teams in the world. The biggest population, the most corporate $, the most juniors etc etc etc

The most schools competitions fucking it all up...

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
Doesn’t help with the injuries (16 with 10 front row) they’ve had. Looks like Jack Barrett will have to back up after tonight’s injury with Harry Johnson-Holmes tonight’s game vs Brumbies???
Better off leaving them with the Wallabies U20 and try and develop a winning culture with his age group, especially leading into the Junior WC. I’d have even liked to see young Jorgensen go there but unfortunately he obviously got injured for Wicks. There is not much those young guys are going to learn about winning from one of the worst generations in our history.
Like last time he might get 20 minutes off the bench, if they had a chance of playing finals I’d agree but the Tahs season is well over and I’d rather they keep building those young combinations.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just watched the first 5mins of highlights and seriously wtf with the jerseys.

Once a ruck was hit I had literally zero clue wtf was going on (not overly different to normal).

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just watched the first 5mins of highlights and seriously wtf with the jerseys.

Once a ruck was hit I had literally zero clue wtf was going on (not overly different to normal).
At least we were all in the same boat as O'Keeffe in that regard

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I actually think none of these are true anymore. They are more or less broke, Melbourne is neck and neck with Sydney for population (has it taken over?) and I think Qland probably has more juniors?