• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 2: Rebels v Force 8pm - 1st March

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I think the problem was that he was pretty much the only jumper from what I could see.

Towards the end Canham started to dominate in the lineout.

I think Kev is still probably out of his depth, but I think this turnaround was due to him: Bringing Tualima on @ 6 for Wilkin took you from 2 jumpers plus Leota and Kemeny to 3 plus Kemeny, which presents a much bigger threat to try and cover.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think Kev is still probably out of his depth, but I think this turnaround was due to him: Bringing Tualima on @ 6 for Wilkin took you from 2 jumpers plus Leota and Kemeny to 3 plus Kemeny, which presents a much bigger threat to try and cover.
That and Williams leaving the field around the same time after he had made a mess of the Rebels throw. There was a big drop off with the Force bench on that meant the Rebels lineout could go unmolested and start stealing a few Force throws by the end.

I get the feeling that with last weeks issues they might have tried to go back to basics, but it made the lineout very easy to read.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Daugunu was on fire. The performance of Force in the second half was a completely disaster

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Force blew that. Dominated completely in the first half. Then conceded two of the softest trie you’ll see, ceded momentum and never got it back.

Kemeny was excellent. My MotM.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I think the momentum is really moving towards 3-4 Australia teams with the talent better concentrated domestically.
hard to make a case for Melbourne outside of potential really.
More games and Brumbies play 3 in Melbourne?
I think less teams with better quality and more games is needed.
Anyways. Not for this thread but we just aren’t gonna be competitive again
Laugh dislike all you want but we aren’t making finals AGAIN.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force blew that. Dominated completely in the first half. Then conceded two of the softest trie you’ll see, ceded momentum and never got it back.

Kemeny was excellent. My MotM.

They were certainly looking like the better coached team for half of the game, but there was quite a drop off after they started replacing players...