• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Brumbies vs Force - GIO Stadium, 10 March @ 7:45pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ben Alexander back to LHP for this game. This is an interesting development and one that will be worth keeping an eye on. Ben initially made his Super Rugby and Wallabies' starts as a LHP and was only switched to the TH side when there was a bit of a vacuum there for the Wallabies. He was always a lot more involved in the game when on the LH side, and his form in the trials indicates he could have a distinct impact on the game with the switch back. That eye catching run in the Brisbane 10s when he clearly outpaced one or two backs over about 50m could be a portent of things to come?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Fardy dropping is bizarre to me.

Thought he has been the best Brumby on the park in the first 2 rounds.

Sounds like the de-selection is a bit of "shit on liver" by Larkham.

May come back to bite the Brims. Force will be tough.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The Fardy dropping is bizarre to me.

Thought he has been the best Brumby on the park in the first 2 rounds.

Sounds like the de-selection is a bit of "shit on liver" by Larkham.

May come back to bite the Brims. Force will be tough.

I tell's ya, it can't be seen on the tv telecast (have checked), but there was a fairly decent and fiery exchange between Fardy and Larkham's selected captain. It was a significant enough exchange that I told Mrs Mst that I bet it would be something Larkham would be addressing post game. So knowing Fardy, he probably let his full feelings be known.

Everybody knows you have to be careful to avoid personality issue at the Brumbies! :p

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Force to win.

Fardy issue will run deep for a few blokes and I expect some of them to be a little mentally off the pace.

Force by 6

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Good time to rest Fardy he has had 2 big games, get him fresh for the Tahs in Sydney. Brumbies won't need Fardy to beat the force in the capital...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies by 14.. Ben A has been play LH all year BR and too be honest thd second half scrum hasnt been great. When Sios back i suspect it be SS LP AA TP LP NH TP BA .. cant be bothered spelling all the names out :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

......if the Brumbies win but no ones at GIO to see it.....have the Brumbies really won? It's a far better result to just let the Force win and Canberrans can get along to the Lights Canberra Action film festival instead.

Force defensive line speed and physicality to make the difference :D

M

Moono75

Game day. GO FORCE!!

6uJ8-7fs.jpg

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
..if the Brumbies win but no ones at GIO to see it...have the Brumbies really won? It's a far better result to just let the Force win and Canberrans can get along to the Lights Canberra Action film festival instead.

Force defensive line speed and physicality to make the difference :D
You mean compare to the 7 people who turned up to the force vs reds..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah, I think the Brums are gonna open up on the Force.

Despite an average start to the season the brumbies have have two games where the pressure didn't stop for 80 (or 84ffs). I think if they can find some breathing space they might really stick it to the force who arre lacking a little class in the forwards.

As for the Fardy issue, I imagine he's got a niggle or two they hope a week off will take care of and this is the most appropriate week to rest.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Terrible decision by the Hoff. Defender clearly let go of Peni's let. No tackle. Try.

Surprised that the Hoff is still being appointed at this level.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Speight gets a tight try, has had some good touches in the extended lead up.

5-0 as Hawera hooks it from the left. 15min gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.