• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Sharks v Waratahs - Sunday 12 March 4:30am AEDT, Kings Park, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Crucial game for the Tahs. If they can snag a win they would be pretty happy with their South African tour and arguably in the best position of the Aussie teams.

If they lose, they return to Sydney already behind the eight ball with a tough game to follow against the Brumbies.

The return of Skelton is likely to be crucial for the Tahs.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
The return of Skelton is critical, if not his place should be taken by McDulling, not Toleafoa.
However, the big deal is defence, it must be 1000% better! 36 points should win you a rugby game any day, and the defence was poor from every angle, bad positioning, falling off tackles, and not making the effort to get back into position.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
For your listening pleasure, I present 'Shark Attack' from back in the day featuring authentic rapping voices of Ollie le Roux, Andre Joubert and Mark Andrews, amongst others.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
For your listening pleasure, I present 'Shark Attack' from back in the day featuring authentic rapping voices of Ollie le Roux, Andre Joubert and Mark Andrews, amongst others.

not sure whether this is designed to pump us up or demoralise us?!?!?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Skelton seems to be a key factor.

Same with Phipps.

Israel really needs to step up.

Sharks are favourite and tough to beat over there.

Hopefully Tahs but head says Sharks by 10

N

NTT

Following my "i support the Force and whoever is playing the Tahs", i am tipping the Shorkies by 1 pt.

N

NTT

Its all in good fun, just a bit of banter.

Its not that hard to imagine though considering NSWs long, media led campaign to abolish the Force. Greg Growden, Spiro Zavos, Ms Robinson, Mr Payten are to thank.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I cheer for the Force in every game except when they play the Tahs.

Boggles the mind that people cheer for non-Aussie teams over other Aussie sides.

The format of Super Rugby determines that.

I absolutely hate barracking for foreign teams against Australian ones but everyone wants their team to win their conference.

Many won't say it, but if all the Aussie teams get smashed by overseas teams except your one then great.

It still pisses me off however.

N

NTT

When they play for Wallabies i cheer for them. The Reds were my team before the Force so they're my second Aussie team, Brumbies and Rebels are equal 3rd then the Tahs.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
I cheer for the Force in every game except when they play the Tahs.

Boggles the mind that people cheer for non-Aussie teams over other Aussie sides.
I'm with you,BH.I have never cheered for a non-Aussie team over an Aussie team,regardless of who it is.Jeez,I cheered like it was my own team when the Reds won in 2011.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The format of Super Rugby determines that.

I absolutely hate barracking for foreign teams against Australian ones but everyone wants their team to win their conference.

Many won't say it, but if all the Aussie teams get smashed by overseas teams except your one then great.

It still pisses me off however.

If you cheer for the other Aussie team and they win you can feel good about them winning. If they lose you can then console yourself with the knowledge that it's better in terms of the finals equation for your team.

Win/win!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
When they play for Wallabies i cheer for them. The Reds were my team before the Force so they're my second Aussie team, Brumbies and Rebels are equal 3rd then the Tahs.

Your previous post effectively had the Tahs as your 18th favourite team!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds
Force
Rebels (when they try)
Brumbies
(empty desert with tumbleweeds blowing past)
Tahs.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)

Its not that hard to imagine though considering NSWs long, media led campaign to abolish the Force. Greg Growden, Spiro Zavos, Ms Robinson, Mr Payten are to thank.

Spiro Zavos is the worst rugby writer i have ever read. Even Matt Burke is better and the man writes like he's had one too many concussions.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)

because a couple of media pundits is entirely representative of a state

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.