• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Waratahs v Highlanders - Friday 8 March 2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Highlanders might be happy to be only 3 points down with their captain and another of their starters to come off the bench.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Ok. Lots to like. That opening was really poor, but once they got their hands on the ball the Tahs are looking good. Just a pass here or there off converting all the opportunities there has been out there. The finishing is just not there yet. Too many errors.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
How the fuck do you kick the ball out on the full in the 40th minute? It's literally less than a minute to go, just kick it down field and defend for 1 minute. Perfect way to lose cheap points, and the game.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
How the fuck do you kick the ball out on the full in the 40th minute? It's literally less than a minute to go, just kick it down field and defend for 1 minute. Perfect way to lose cheap points, and the game.
Feel your frustration (I would be in reverse).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
They haven't fired a shot really. Just Tah mistakes keeping them in it.
Yeah, and by rights the tahs should be able to lock it down and run away with it. That ability for the landers to inject 2 of their regular starting backrow from the bench should keep it interesting though, they could really kick the intensity up and make it uncomfortable for the tahs if they start the 2nd half slow again.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah, and by rights the tahs should be able to lock it down and run away with it. That ability for the landers to inject 2 of their regular starting backrow from the bench should keep it interesting though, they could really kick the intensity up and make it uncomfortable for the tahs if they start the 2nd half slow again.
There are enough threats in this Highlanders team, both on the field and bench. I'm liking the intent of the Tahs, I just feel that they should be further ahead for how much they've played. I hope they're managing their output because still a lot of Rugby to be played.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Gamble is making very odd decisions at the break down, not really going for the ball but sealing off straight away. the Rewards are there if he attacks the ball but not when he flops over first like that.