• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Waratahs v Highlanders - Friday 8 March 2024

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
What's the story with Miles? They talked him up big time but he has had minimal impact to date. Seems to have a very low work rate.

Edmed was probably feeling the pressure of all the premature Wallaby talk. Not his best night.

Based on that performance tonight, both teams will struggle to make the top 8.

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
Thought our back row was on top of the Highlanders. Plenty of errors in both teams but the three missed conversions really hurt us. Tristan Reilly man of the match though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
What's the story with Miles? They talked him up big time but he has had minimal impact to date. Seems to have a very low work rate.

Edmed was probably feeling the pressure of all the premature Wallaby talk. Not his best night.

Based on that performance tonight, both teams will struggle to make the top 8.
What? He (should be) light years from a Wallaby cap (but may not be which is depresso)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How do kiwi teams get away with so much at the breakdown. In the first 25 min the highlanders are always on the wrong side of the breakdown causing slow ball and get away with it. As soon as the tahs did it they get penalised

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How do kiwi teams get away with so much at the breakdown. In the first 25 min the highlanders are always on the wrong side of the breakdown causing slow ball and get away with it. As soon as the tahs did it they get penalised
Practice. Rugby is about pushing the boundaries the ref has set. If you are constantly learning how to push that line from game to game you get very good at it.

If you come from a very competitive environment you learn to garner whatever advantage you can. Their development just lends itself to knowing how and when to push the ref.

Its bullshit to say that the kiwis cheat or whatever. Rugby is basically about cheating to the extent you can and they are good at it.

Edit: Haka is cheating bullshit fuck you

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The spot where Edmed was made to take the kick was miles off where the penalty was given, surely the ref confirms that with video ref at such a vital moment

Attachments

• IMG_5233.jpeg
    IMG_5233.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Practice. Rugby is about pushing the boundaries the ref has set. If you are constantly learning how to push that line from game to game you get very good at it.

If you come from a very competitive environment you learn to garner whatever advantage you can. Their development just lends itself to knowing how and when to push the ref.

Its bullshit to say that the kiwis cheat or whatever. Rugby is basically about cheating to the extent you can and they are good at it.

Edit: Haka is cheating bullshit fuck you
I get that. And play the whistle for sure. But as soon as the tahs do it it gets penalised. Same in the rebels game. It's inconsistent and tahs got unlucky

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The spot where Edmed was made to take the kick was miles off where the penalty was given, surely the ref confirms that with video ref at such a vital moment

Did the 'tahs captain say anything to the ref? If he did & got ignored that's unacceptable & an issue for his ref's assessment; if not he has to wear it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That was terrible.

Last Tahs ticket I'll pay for this year
Unfortuneaely mate the trouble with many so called supporters. They support winning, but not teams as such? I would suggest Tahs suppoerters should be out there giving them support , it does help I believe.
Anyway I was pleased for the Clan, though (like Reds/Canes last week) I wouldn't of been too upset if the last kick went over, not a lot between the team. I had been a bit concerned for Clan with Harmon and Withey being dropped to bench, but what was I thinking?? I also had been a bit wooried with no lock cover, but they fortunately lasted the game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So ......................... for long periods of this game the Tahs were getting though contact and yet at no time did we look like leveraging that advantage

The clan played rope a dope, absorb the pressure, wait for the turnover and pounce. Spread the ball wide through effective catch pass (the stuff in front of the receiver and chest height (the basic stuff we can't do))

I don't know what Coleman's game plan has beyond crash ball trying to speed up play and hope that a back gets a one on one

I don't get the Edmed love, he is an effective kicker (usually) and defender but his distribution is pedestrian. His running is seems to be dear in headlights stuff when his outsides are covered. But the runners outside him are so static, so my caveat is what is the plan? Where are the runners giving him options? Which outside units are talking to him about where the opportunities are etc etc

And Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) ....................................... another physically talented kid who would rather do the fancy stuff than the basics, like dive on the f*cking ball, put your body on the line, f*ckin kick pass.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gamble hasn't been as impactful since coming back from injury. I also thought failing to reward Lee-Warner for a solid outing was the wrong call. Hanigan stunk the joint out with a series of really annoying errors.
Almost as badly as Gleeson. I thought our backrow was average in supporting the runner and attacking the breakdown. Gordon went back to his pointing and taking his time, a Wallaby contender he ain't (unless he plays every week like last week).
The Tahs played that game at only 75% of what they put in last week. Should have, could have - BUT didn't.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That's not the spot where the penalty was given, that's the spot where Murphy calls advantage. The commentary at the time states it's a late penalty call. When he does go back for the penalty Murphy can be heard saying "Let's get this mark right" and appears to get the location on comms, from an AR or TMO (most likely AR given the current setup). That's likely also where the penalty call came from.