• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Rebels v Chiefs, Fri 17th March @7:45pm - AAMI Park Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Thought it was actually a great game to watch, Rebels played a class above their previous weeks and it was good to see the Chiefs getting frustrated. Final 10minutes was a killer, few mistakes and penalties by the replacements undid the previous good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought Jack D looked excellent at fullback, but funnily enough also looked good when he inserted himself into first receiver.

Could he not play 10 but just defend at 15?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Much better effort overall by the Rebels. Giving the front runners a run for their money is surely a feather in their cap.

Thought Colby Fainga'a personified the effort - he was exhausted by the time he came off. JD also a lot better than previous games but still can do better. His attempt to shepherd the ball into touch was quite clumsy. Koriobete also showed a few more glimpses of his talent with the ball, but had a very horrible miss on his opposite in the lead up to one try. Time to bench Reid I think. He is probably more of a penalty magnet than Scott Fardy atm.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Much better effort overall by the Rebels. Giving the front runners a run for their money is surely a feather in their cap.

Thought Colby Fainga'a personified the effort - he was exhausted by the time he came off. JD also a lot better than previous games but still can do better. His attempt to shepherd the ball into touch was quite clumsy. Koriobete also showed a few more glimpses of his talent with the ball, but had a very horrible miss on his opposite in the lead up to one try. Time to bench Reid I think. He is probably more of a penalty magnet than Scott Fardy atm.
Colby gave away more penalties than Reid last night, both had good games last night but would not be able to split them.

We offically did not lose a line out, they were messy but at least we won them all.

Thought English had a good game.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Meant to add how well I thought Cane went for the Chiefs (geez he another with a huge motor), as well as Sanders, who I think is quite a handy 6 and has been for awhile.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
much better effort, still the same problems, giving up attacking ball. the two turnovers at 60 mins cost the game. initial poor clean out led to turnover hot on attack and even after Stirzakers charge down, the subsequent tight head to the Canes stalled all momentum. a try at that stage would have had them up 16/18 - 7 with 20 to play. even at 14 all they conjured up a penalty turnover and then a lost ball on the next attack.
lineout very much better, defence improved, JGB starting to find the pace of the game. agree Fereti had a good first game, English, Mafi and Fainga'a the best. the Rebels just need to find a way to give Koribete the ball in space. looking forward to playing an Australian team to see where they really are in the pecking order

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Good performance by the Rebels, I was surprised how close they were for most of the game based on previous performances. Lots of commitment, just a shame that it got away from them at the end.

Didn't see much to get excited about by the league winger apart from finishing the try, other than that I didn't notice him apart from at one stage seeing him slowly jogging back to the defensive line - a hangover from league play the balls perhaps? I would have expected they would have done some intensive training with the guy as to what subtleties he needs to adjust to so that he wasnt learning on the job.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Meant to add how well I thought Cane went for the Chiefs (geez he another with a huge motor), as well as Sanders, who I think is quite a handy 6 and has been for awhile.
He's a big unit, towered over Colby.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought Jack D looked excellent at fullback, but funnily enough also looked good when he inserted himself into first receiver.

Could he not play 10 but just defend at 15?
No leave him at fullback as injected himself well on running lines from fullback very well. Thought bachop had a good game and showed why finally he was recruited.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
No leave him at fullback as injected himself well on running lines from fullback very well. Thought bachop had a good game and showed why finally he was recruited.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I think you're getting too obsessed with his jersey, he has running 1st receiver on the Rebels' nice try.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think you're getting too obsessed with his jersey, he has running 1st receiver on the Rebels' nice try.

No I think that is the value he is bringing that can bring himself at times on as first receiver but not all the time....bachop offered some nice first receiver play and bit more consistent here then when Jack D plays first receiver all the time. He only played first receiver on a couple of plays. He loses his way playing first receiver with regularity. Leave him at fullback where he is finally finding his way. Bachop also showing his worth now at 10 so no need for change.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
They say it is about results but for me first and foremost I need to watch a good game....and for most parts with exception where they came a little undone in last 10 minutes particularly where chiefs replacement forwards dominated rebels front row it was competitive and a good game. Last 2 games were unwatchable and I just ended up switching off as can't watch rubbish. This time watchef full 80 minutes and if was a rebels supporters I would find this a good base to work from as players like Colby F, Jack D, Mafi (been very good recruit), English and even the unheralded second row pairing performed well. McMahom coming back will also offer something, so looking promising. If Rebels can continue to improve they may yet challenge the Tahs for the wooden spoon of the oz conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.