• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 : Rebels v Reds. Friday Night (Melbourne)

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Glad Vaihu gets a run, looked great in pre-season, Kellaway at FB Tick, Daugunu Centre Tick - If we (Rebels) can get parity in the pack, maybe the Reds drop a few % after such a big match last week - move the ball away from McReight and Wilson it could be close.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Can only think Tom is a little stiff this week after the shots he wore on Saturday. Tom has to be the first pick if fit but I am pretty excited to see what Harry brings.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Can only think Tom is a little stiff this week after the shots he wore on Saturday. Tom has to be the first pick if fit but I am pretty excited to see what Harry brings.
Sounds like this was a planned rest / load management thing, especially with his interrupted offseason

Kiss said that Lynagh was fit to take on the Rebels on Friday in Brisbane, but added that he didn’t have the conditioning behind him after an injury-plagued offseason to back-up time and time again.

“Because they’re young, we make sure we cycle it,” Kiss said.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Beyond the obvious hard truths that the Rebels are the Reds Lite, I think we're in trouble for tomorrow. My hope is that the Reds can't sustain their energy after two big games but I think their backline will be too quality for us. Feliuai, Anderson and Vaihu (at this stage) are not super quality. Their counterparts are a decent level above.

Reactions: NCT

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Beyond the obvious hard truths that the Rebels are the Reds Lite, I think we're in trouble for tomorrow. My hope is that the Reds can't sustain their energy after two big games but I think their backline will be too quality for us. Feliuai, Anderson and Vaihu (at this stage) are not super quality. Their counterparts are a decent level above.
Anderson is Super quality if he plays like last season, this season his started poorly but did look more involved last weekend. Hopefully he shows up tomorrow night. Vaihu been on the fringe long enough to be ready.

Agree regarding Feliuai.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I feel like (hope) that have back to back games against the top two teams will be an advantage to the Reds. There is a risk of fatigue - especially given back to back 6 day turn arounds but it is early in the season so I’m hoping that won’t be a factor. But having to play at that higher octane that teams like the Canes and Hurricanes bring will, hopefully, be a real bonus. I remember when the Reds won Super AU one of the post season comments was that they put a lot of focus on playing a game to win Super AU and then when they had to amp it up for the Kiwi teams they couldn’t (pretty sure the post win celebrations didn’t help the first week or two either). Hoping that the opposite will be true.