• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 : Rebels v Reds. Friday Night (Melbourne)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Wonderful game. Can see plenty of improvement but great to see them back up last week with a good win.

Very sad for Henry though. I know it was only two weeks, but you could see why they had such great wraps on him.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Weird. I’m feeling a touch flat after a 50 point bonus point game

Nah bugger that Dru, there was too much hype being blown up this Rebels team because they were sitting high up the laddee.

Was absolutely fantastic to give them a flogging. The Reds in the past haven't won the games they were expected to especially after a tough fortnight of games.

Was excellent to see the Reds gather their composure after the Rebels came out the blocks in the second half. Theres enough building blocks in place to say teh Rebels would be a competitive team if they had a couple more supporting cast around the likes of Gordon and Kellaway.

Shame about Henry. Seems like a yearly occurrence of him showing us his talents and then breaking down. Really unsure if rugby is what his body is going to let him do

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Uru outpointed LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) tonight, Leota clearly more effective than Harry Wilson, Tate was irrepressible, Reds showing a lot to like in their support play and offloading, Rebels did good to get back into the game in the second half, but poor execution led to a couple of tries to the Reds that cemented their superiority.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Grim scoreline for the Rebels, congratulations to the Reds - really hoping you guys are the real deal. Hope Kemeny & Henry aren’t badly injured. Don’t think I’ll watch this game. Got the vibe from the comments.

how did Carter go?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Why do you go for the bunnies over the Broncos if you're a Q'lder
I know a lot of Queenslanders who find the Broncos an unlikeable team, I supported the Cowboys through 90s & 00s, then worked with Rabbitohs a few years back and really enjoyed it and supported them ever since

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
As a Reds fan I was disappointed to lose Tupou, but jeez he is looking unfit in Melbourne. Definitely not playing or training as a $million player.

Kevin Foote was pretty scathing of the effort of some of the players, he didn’t specifically say Tupou, but he said he wasn’t getting enough out of the starting front-row so he subbed them early and highlighted the effort Talakai put in, and how changes are needed so that players are be putting in from the very start

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nah bugger that Dru, there was too much hype being blown up this Rebels team because they were sitting high up the laddee.

Was absolutely fantastic to give them a flogging. The Reds in the past haven't won the games they were expected to especially after a tough fortnight of games.

Was excellent to see the Reds gather their composure after the Rebels came out the blocks in the second half. Theres enough building blocks in place to say teh Rebels would be a competitive team if they had a couple more supporting cast around the likes of Gordon and Kellaway.

Shame about Henry. Seems like a yearly occurrence of him showing us his talents and then breaking down. Really unsure if rugby is what his body is going to let him do
Yeah agreed, Rebels aren’t no slouch. On paper they’ve got on of the best squads in Australia and have been playing well. It was always going to be a strong contest, was surprised to win by the margin they did

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The Red's lineout mail is an absolute weapon now. Must be just about the best in the comp.

Any intel as to who is coaching that?

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Still amazed that Cabous or Pone can't even get in the 23. TT looks like he is too busy counting his money.