• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Western Force v Moana Pasifika 15/03/2024

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Very harsh couple of advantage calls against the force too.
Pretty unlucky for sure. So many calls only went one way and were very harah but even I have to admit they don't deserve this one. They had their chances and were terrible in execution. Moana player pretty poor as well and still got the win. Was a dreadful game of rugby full of mistakes and whistles

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
We were dire tonight, especially in the second half. I actually thought we were the better side in the first half, but our work at the break down and handling were poor. Missing a truck load of tackles didn't help either.

We had chances but our lack of accuracy let us down big time. Benny D is really starting to look like a quality 10 though, which is good. He runs our attack well. Other than that, not a lot to like.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We were dire tonight, especially in the second half. I actually thought we were the better side in the first half, but our work at the break down and handling were poor. Missing a truck load of tackles didn't help either.

We had chances but our lack of accuracy let us down big time. Benny D is really starting to look like a quality 10 though, which is good. He runs our attack well. Other than that, not a lot to like.
F@rk what a hard life it is backing this team. 20 years next year and still slipping over on banana peels.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Who actually played well ? I thought Donaldson was ok however if he made his kicks at goal we probably won the game.
Fines offered nothing which is such a shame as all us force supporters expect a lot out of him and rate him highly. Potter was ok from memory. He is actually a decent super rugby player and really good signing.

I can't think of one player in the pack who performed. Anstee, Williams, Horton, tizano harris all expect to be half decent and not one played well.

We can't even beat a Moana side who played well bellow par. The way Moana played I can whinge about the ref all day and we still should have won.

Liali'ifano was way offside in their try from the lineout and I didn't even mention it as I was so disappointed with how the team was playing.
Moana definitely deserved to win that game. There is no way in the world the force deserved to get away with a win in this one

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What's going to happen next week against the Reds who seem to be firing on all cylinders. The season could be well and truly shot by next Saturday which is just a bloody shame.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
I’m sorry but losing to the abomination that is Moana Pacifica is a fuckin disgrace.
And considering they probably played better than the Brumbies last week and lost. Looked way better in attack …. Rugby… who’d be a coach? Or a referee for that matter.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Who actually played well ? I thought Donaldson was ok however if he made his kicks at goal we probably won the game.
Fines offered nothing which is such a shame as all us force supporters expect a lot out of him and rate him highly. Potter was ok from memory. He is actually a decent super rugby player and really good signing.

I can't think of one player in the pack who performed. Anstee, Williams, Horton, tizano harris all expect to be half decent and not one played well.

We can't even beat a Moana side who played well bellow par. The way Moana played I can whinge about the ref all day and we still should have won.

Liali'ifano was way offside in their try from the lineout and I didn't even mention it as I was so disappointed with how the team was playing.
Moana definitely deserved to win that game. There is no way in the world the force deserved to get away with a win in this one
I thought kuenzle was good, made a lot of crucial tackles I could see watching live. That’s about it

should try Potter at full back next week, drop Burey and pick another winger.

can’t make any other changes as we don’t have any other options

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I thought kuenzle was good, made a lot of crucial tackles I could see watching live. That’s about it

should try Potter at full back next week, drop Burey and pick another winger.

can’t make any other changes as we don’t have any other options
Burley has been looking great but looked poor along with everyone else this game. Not sure if we should drop him. For who? Poolman isn't super rugby quality but maybe with more game time could be. He is a big lad

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Burley has been looking great but looked poor along with everyone else this game. Not sure if we should drop him. For who? Poolman isn't super rugby quality but maybe with more game time could be. He is a big lad
I would put O’Donnell or Leahy on wing and Potter to fullback. Both looked good for under 20s and in pre season, give them a crack