• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Highlanders v Rebels, Fri 31st Mar

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Found this injury list. Looks horrific for us.

https://fantasyxvdraft.com/2017/03/27/the-casualty-ward-rd-5/

Both Locks and Chiba on HIA. Sefa out for 4 - 6 weeks.

In some good news, Mad Dog expected back in round 8. No word on Big Red or Maddocks. Jack would be a handy swap for sefa, or push English out to the Wing.

We should have Coverdale, but farken lock injuries is just farken....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So our injury list off the top of my head:

Smith
McMahon
English
Shippereley
Hanson
Sefa
Retallick
Day
Jefferies
Fou
Placid

That's 11, anyone I missed? Did not count Timani cause I expect he is back seeing he was so close last week.

The Rebels are believed to have had up to 20 players unable to train on Monday due to injuries and the need to rest some members of the side struggling with manageable wounds.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...-highlanders-trip-awaits-20170328-gv8aw7.html

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I really miss the injury reports. They were very good, and frankly an exemplar for other clubs.

Can't think of anyone else for that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
That's an appalling list of wounded Rebels. Bad luck or bad management?

A bit of both, 6 injuries from last Friday night. Missing Reid off the list, guessing Reid had not scrummed at lock before if his pulled up with a sore back.

3 on concussion protocols, 1 tight calf and Sefa's shoulder popped out and in again.

No wonder the Tahs got back in the game ;)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Highlanders team. Lots of injuries there:

HIGHLANDERS (15-1): Ben Smith (c), Tevita Li, Malakai Fekitoa, Richard Buckman, Patrick Osborne, Marty Banks, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, Dillon Hunt, Gareth Evans, Tom Franklin, Joe Wheeler, Siate Tokolahi, Liam Coltman, Aki Seiuli
Reserves: Greg Pleasants-Tate, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Siosuia Halanukonuka, Elliot Dixon, Tupou Sopoaga, Kayne Hammington, Fletcher Smith, Matt Faddes

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
yep Landers missing AB's Liam Squire, Lima Sopoaga & Waisake Naholo. plus about 6 others.

still a dangerous loooking backline:

C8CwiUzVYAAAupk.jpg

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
for those who havent seen, HIA guys all seem to have passed. No Meehan, spent all of last week on the bench, now out of favour because he is moving on ? (Hugh Pyle re-run !)

Melbourne Rebels extended team for Round 6 v Highlanders:
1. Fereti Sa’aga
2. James Hanson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Culum Retallick
5. Steve Cummins
6. Jordy Reid
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Jackson Garden-Bachop
11. Marika Koroibete
13. Mitch Inman
14. Tom English
15. Jack Debreczeni
Extended Reserves (two to be omitted)
Siliva Siliva
Tom Moloney
Tyrel Lomax
Dominic Day
Lopeti Timani
Jake Schatz
Esei Haangana^*
Mick Snowden
Sione Tuipulotu
Ben Volavola

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
6. Jordy Reid
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
would have to be one of the form back rows of the comp so far. should have the wood over their counterparts.
Both tight 5's a bit iffy.
Rebs wont want to run out of puff this week (all I rememebr is Stirzaker staggering around helplessly as the final try was run in) cos those hell-on-skates Landers backs will be nice and rested after an opening 60 of hoofing the thing away...

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebs wont want to run out of puff this week (all I rememebr is Stirzaker staggering around helplessly as the final try was run in - as the reserve half sat on the bench)
cos those hell-on-skates Landers backs will be nice and rested after an opening 60 of hoofing the thing away.
well if you to play rope a dope - the Rebels are the perfect opponents, they'll smash themselves against the brick wall for 65 - 70 minutes no worrries

Status
Not open for further replies.