• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Reds v Brumbies

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
The Force have laid the groundwork on how to dismantle the Reds - Brumbies just need to follow suit. Coupled with a week of wet training for the Reds in BNE before a fine match day, the Brumbies have to be clear favourites.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Where is Luke Reimer? His on ball skills would be dangerous to the reds.
? Reimer played off the bench against MP (Moana Pasifika). Even allowing for his pilfering ability, I think the starting backrow is settled with any of Valetini, Hooper, Brown and Cale.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
? Reimer played off the bench against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika). Even allowing for his pilfering ability, I think the starting backrow is settled with any of Valetini, Hooper, Brown and Cale.
Impressed with Cale's physicality vs Moana. Thought he'd get bullied but was very effective. Uses his speed and agility well to get between defenders. Big fan of Brown as well, very reliable.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Impressed with Cale's physicality vs Moana. Thought he'd get bullied but was very effective. Uses his speed and agility well to get between defenders. Big fan of Brown as well, very reliable.
Cale is impressive, I think he will be playing at 8 for the Wallabies, he is already impressive and should only get better.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Get your tips in... Let's have a healthy guessing comp on scores.

I think it be a close game with the Reds coming back a bit flat with the flight back from Perth. Brumbies finally playing better, Brumbies by 3

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I think the Force have shown the Reds to be the pretenders that they are whilst Brumbies class is coming to the fore. You really have to admire them for their ability to command the Australian rugby landscape and develop players into Wallabies. Massive respect from this QLD poster.

Coupled with the Reds near inability to catch a ball this week in training given the rain, gotta be Brums by a healthy 25+ margin.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
? Reimer played off the bench against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika). Even allowing for his pilfering ability, I think the starting backrow is settled with any of Valetini, Hooper, Brown and Cale.
Reimer was so good in the first couple of rounds. I've said for a while on here that he's the best on ball 7 in the country. Yes over McReight, (not by much) but McReight brings other facets to his game that Luke doesn't. Think he'd be the perfect guy to slow down Tate's ability to recycle possession quickly but I also understand if the Brumbies have a plan to bring him on in the last 20 mins and shut a game down.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reds with a 6 day turnaround and a trip back from Perth, but having the home ground advantage. Pretty much an even playing field, so probably a close result. Brumbies hit a purple patch of form last week, but no guarantee it will now continue week to week. Until we see a sustained period of high performance from the Brumbies, I am leaning towards a Reds win by less than 7.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It’s just a shame this game is in Easter weekend. Many people away for the long weekend which will impact the crowd.

Assume no Flook nor Petaia which is a massive concern.

Others have said it but the Reds have been found out. Wilson wrecked. Game plan easily nullified. Kiss’s bounce factor over. It was good while it lasted. Brumbies by 12.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s just a shame this game is in Easter weekend. Many people away for the long weekend which will impact the crowd.

Yeh the Caxton St vendors will be filthy.

Broncos v Cowboys on Good Friday which would usually be close to a sellout.

Reds v Brumbies Easter Saturday which probably draws the biggest Reds crowd these days.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh the Caxton St vendors will be filthy.

Broncos v Cowboys on Good Friday which would usually be close to a sellout.

Reds v Brumbies Easter Saturday which probably draws the biggest Reds crowd these days.

Phil you always chime in with some rugby league factoid…

how are Caxton street vendors filthy if they have a Good Friday sellout for the league?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds with a 6 day turnaround and a trip back from Perth, but having the home ground advantage. Pretty much an even playing field, so probably a close result. Brumbies hit a purple patch of form last week, but no guarantee it will now continue week to week. Until we see a sustained period of high performance from the Brumbies, I am leaning towards a Reds win by less than 7.
Not a 6 day turn around, game is on Saturday

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Closed on Good Friday?

That's balls...
Also applies to beverages purchased within the stadium, so can't imagine Broncos/Suncorp Stadium are too happy either
On Good Friday, you can sell and supply liquor from 10am to midnight, but only with a meal, in a part of the premises ordinarily set aside for dining. The meal must be prepared, served and eaten on the premises.

(Note: A meal is food that can be eaten with cutlery while seated— for example, roast beef with vegetables, lasagne, a stir-fry or a curry with rice. It is not light takeaway food like snacks, hot chips, an entree or kid's meal.)

Patrons can buy alcohol to drink with their meal from 1 hour before to 1 hour after eating their meal.

You can't sell takeaway alcohol on Good Friday.