• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 6: Reds v Brumbies

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
God having a great kicker is awesome.. I think the Brumbies looking the better but the games tight

Reactions: dru

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reds have completely gone away from what worked for them in rounds 1-4. They are lateral in attack. And back to no idea kicking in general play.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Speed of Brumby defence is crazy. YEs sometimes they are in front and occassionally pinged for it, BUT crazy fast defence.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Massive play from Lonergan. Brums have done well to hang on early and force the reds to play the game more on their terms with Tate reverting to box kicking more often than not. Petaia and Ravai threatening early but have faded a bit. Neville and Valetini massive for Brums, real presence from both in defence. All cliches apply to whichever side 'will win' (discipline, patience take chances etc). Schmidt should be happy with what he's seen so far.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
I get that’s how it ended up but I don’t see how it was used like it has in NRL games to drag and slow a player and they’re put in a vulnerable position. That play was at full speed and an attempted tackle.
Totally agree, tragic for Lonergan who had started very well but that's a classic halfback tackle trying to lock up the ball and absorb a powerful ball carrier. An accident.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I get that’s how it ended up but I don’t see how it was used like it has in NRL games to drag and slow a player and they’re put in a vulnerable position. That play was at full speed and an attempted tackle.
He makes the hit, goes off his feet, scissors lonergans legs whilst falling to the ground.