• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 6th 7.35PM AEDT @ GIO Stadium

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Fuck me if Bell is seriously injured ill be furious. Losing the Wallabies LHP to this fucking Tah season would be criminal.
Hope Bell has a backup plan because he seems to be a magnet for injury, poor guy. Not sure that teams can afford to have him in their contracted squad if they start to worry about him getting through a season.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hope Bell has a backup plan because he seems to be a magnet for injury, poor guy. Not sure that teams can afford to have him in their contracted squad if they start to worry about him getting through a season.

Maybe the Tahs could actually rest his injury?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Valetini steamroll apart, this was the best bit of the game.

Love that the Brumbies had split them so effectively that a third of the Tahs are 10m from where they need to be

1000051861.jpg

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some

Just a few absolute brain farts. We finish two breaks from Jorgo and maybe we're in the game
they just look defeated ... we looked way better with will at the 10, he made more runs at the line than edmed did in 50. but we aren't losing because of our 10. we lost because of poor handling, decision making and hoping for a one man bust from one of the usual crew.

dc being caught in the commentary box looking back at whitaker a couple of times with the dropped balls on the restarts, and some poor handling was telling.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Im gonna watch the replay just to know how good are the Brumbies and how good are gonna be the Joe Schmidt's Wallabies

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Interesting to hear Noah and Sapsford say the exact same thing about how they intended to play. Same words and all. Shows they know the game plan and pull in the same direction.

Cant say the same about the other side.
At least Sapsford is eligible for international duties. Are his parent/grandparents Aussies? He played for Australia A last year

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Couple of non game sights I saw were felt sad and proud that Brumbies had a remembrance on scoreboard for Shawn Mackay and 15th year anniversary of his passing. Also post game 3 Props chatting Slipper, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Tom Ross. It shows they're ageing and all similar with beards and same looking.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon if you've got a lineout that's got Holloway, Cale and Frost... I don't think the opposition is winning any ball.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A quick look at the stats, and the Brumbies are still dropping off too many tackles this year...

They'll get punished by the better Kiwi teams if they can't tighten that up.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Just got home in the beautiful Blue Mountains, that was a painful trip. Nothing was said at the game about Bell's injury, can someone please tell me what ails him.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just got home in the beautiful Blue Mountains, that was a painful trip. Nothing was said at the game about Bell's injury, can someone please tell me what ails him.
He's apparently done the same injury to his foot again that took him out of 2023.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Holloway was close to the Tahs best but god that drop off the kickoff, after the tahs had fought back (partially on the back of his blind pass to put Edmed though), was incredibly poor and match defining.

I should declare that I can't stand Swinton and his ineffectual Terry Tough guy act but thought he was very good last night, hopefully he continues developing and we see him back after the stint in France.

Gordon needs to go, Teddy Wilson already looks better than him and needs time.

Wouldn't go further than saying that was a professional effort from the Brums who did well to largely maintain standards after the high of last week. Pollard outstanding around the field but looks all of the 2 years he is behind Lonergan in his development as a hooker, he will benefit from the extra gametime now though. Which is a long way of saying that our lineout kept the tahs in the game (though Holloway had a bit to do with that).

Standard comments also apply re Valetini's work rate and my frustration at our refusal to get the ball to our attacking weapon at 13 (Creighton's defence is a concern but he is all class in attack). Would also like to see more from Thorn, Goddard is serviceable and showed good awareness for his try but looks to be at his ceiling.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok fellas, went to bed at halftime, was getting a bit latish, and was enthralled with first half. Should I catch a replay and watch second half? Game certainly stuttered along first 30.
I will say though Noah looks to me like he should be Wallaby 10 from what I seen this year, mind you I thought that last year, but he wasn't picked.