• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 6th 7.35PM AEDT @ GIO Stadium

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
I have a feeling he's been a big part of Wright's uptick in form the last few weeks. Has a few more options then Muirhead and it has taken the pressure of Wright and let him play his natural game. Will be interesting to see what happens when Muirhead is fit again.
Last night at the game they said Muirhead was out for the reason.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Ok fellas, went to bed at halftime, was getting a bit latish, and was enthralled with first half. Should I catch a replay and watch second half? Game certainly stuttered along first 30.
I will say though Noah looks to me like he should be Wallaby 10 from what I seen this year, mind you I thought that last year, but he wasn't picked.
Yep. Several Brumbies attacking moves are worth it.

Was a pretty good game I though

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Last night at the game they said Muirhead was out for the reason.
I missed that, originally it was only 3 or 4 weeks and he was supposed to be back for the Brumbies next game. Did they say what ruled him out?

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
That’s now 12 straight wins for the Brumbies over the Tahs. Amazing for the Brumbies and recognition of the hard work they have done to build their culture and brand of rugby.

Disgraceful record for the Tahs given their resources and location.
The entire Tahs organisation needs to be tipped upside down and rebuilt. That’s a chronic level of failure. The Tahs have lost their brand, no clear style of play and nothing has improved over a decade.

They have to go all in on a world class coach. This betting on half ready coaches has failed miserably.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
There certainly is something dramatically wrong. Most of the players seem to be putting in a genuine effort, and there is enough indication of talent for this side to be genuinely competitive, however they just can't put it together. Year on year they are the most penalised side, and not because they're dirty players, just dumb. As said above, there doesn't seem to be any clear, co-ordinated game plan that they are all buying into, and any time they get a roll on and a bit of ascendancy, the self-sabotage. In all games except the first this year they have been in a competitive position, even last night up to about the 60 minute mark, but they don't seem to know how to win.

I've said it before and will repeat it, the leadership doesn't seem to be there, both on and off the field. I wonder if Cheika would consider coming back, for whatever his failings, real or perceived, his ability to pick a team up out of a slump has been demonstrated over and over again.

Oldgoldminer

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don't worry about it. Chieka 100% comes back, spends Wallaby money on players not entitled to it, and gets the Tahs right back to top 4.
A Scotsman trying to school us on rugby is like an African trying to teach us how to swim. You have 1 single coach with a better win ratio and it’s only just. Cheika did a great job and the style was not perfect but very clear. Bit over the shit panning of one of our best homegrown coaches of the last 20 years.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Goddard put in a pretty solid shift, but I think Lonergan has the starter's jersey firmly on his back. Thorn is looking the goods too.
I think we look better without the Ryan. Goddard does less pointless kicking, better kicking accuracy and speed and delivery was good. Also seemed to be willing to get stuck and get physical where Ryan who stands off more. Seemed to work with Noah and the forwads really well considering he is new and the conditions were challenging. Thorn look good as well.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
I missed that, originally it was only 3 or 4 weeks and he was supposed to be back for the Brumbies next game. Did they say what ruled him out?
Was the on ground announcer at half-time. Said “looks like out for the season” when talking about sapsfords performances in the last couple of weeks.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
I think we look better without the Ryan. Goddard does less pointless kicking, better kicking accuracy and speed and delivery was good. Also seemed to be willing to get stuck and get physical where Ryan who stands off more. Seemed to work with Noah and the forwads really well considering he is new and the conditions were challenging. Thorn look good as well.
Could not disagree more strongly on this. Ryan's kicking has been poor by his standards this year, but did improve last week. His service is the best in Australia and he is also the most happy in contact of all of the Aus 9s, defending as an extra backrower when needed. Goddard had a good game last night but that is the best you'll see from him.

Side note, the occassionaly aimless kicking is our gameplan. Shoot the coaches not the players.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That’s now 12 straight wins for the Brumbies over the Tahs. Amazing for the Brumbies and recognition of the hard work they have done to build their culture and brand of rugby.

Disgraceful record for the Tahs given their resources and location.
The entire Tahs organisation needs to be tipped upside down and rebuilt. That’s a chronic level of failure. The Tahs have lost their brand, no clear style of play and nothing has improved over a decade.

They have to go all in on a world class coach. This betting on half ready coaches has failed miserably.
They broke lol

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The Tahs are a side trying their guts out, you could see the effort last night. They lack composure and polish, however. The was no better illustration than when Gamble goes over in the last, what, 10-15 minutes? The margin was in the realms of the possible at that point and then what happened: coughed the ball up at the restart and the Brumbies score a short time later (off an excellent move to be fair - the midfield were humming for them last night). Then to cap it off we saw a fantastic try through the hands. Just good simple catch - draw - pass, for Cale to score a classic eight's try.

The Brumbies are building and look well drilled and organised. The Tahs look like a bunch of blokes who doing their best but lack the rugby nous to win. Some better steerage in the halves would help them, because honestly their pack keep them in games most of the time.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Listen I know you’re over opinionated but you’ve no idea of my schooling history. I left school at 15 from Bourke High School after going to Bourke Elementary beforehand. Like most things you’re well off the mark. Laughable if that’s considered a place for soft cocks.

What I won’t take though is rugby lessons from the worst performing country in the top 10 over the last 30 years. You’ve had one coach with a record above 50% and that’s only at 54%.

You get away with those kind of comments on here.

I don't think there is any need for that.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
The Tahs are a side trying their guts out, you could see the effort last night. They lack composure and polish, however. The was no better illustration than when Gamble goes over in the last, what, 10-15 minutes? The margin was in the realms of the possible at that point and then what happened: coughed the ball up at the restart ..,........because honestly their pack keep them in games most of the time.
Ironically it was Jed Holloway spilling the kickoff. He was terrific for lots of last night, but not then