• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9: Force vs Crusaders: HBF Park, Perth: Saturday 20th April

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Is Hohepa really the best fly-half option available to the Crusaders?
I'll ask it again. Seriously.

I think I've loss count of how many he's failed to find the touchline or kicked out on the full.

Last edited:

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
How is that high tackle missed? Surely a guy stumbling all over the place and taken off for an HIA would cause the TMO to have a look?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq.webp

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Enjoyed that after watching the Brumbies get steamrolled.

But I still can't wrap my head around how poor this Crusaders side is now. Poor maul defence, dropping balls all over the place, scrum penalties, poor line out. A lot of their senior players are really failing to stand up atm.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Killed them tonight. Absolutely killed them. Great team win and need to push on from here. Physicality rattled the Saders. Line speed in defence and Carlos Tizzano nailed people in the tackle count. Nice to see Rodda and Beale have good games. Scoreboard flattered the Saders cause we know their second try was a knock on.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Just saw a replay. Even if you accept it was a late dip, he shoulder charged him. There was no wrap
He's bent parallel to the field, hard to be much lower. Hard to comment on the wrap as they bounce off each other somewhat and we get the one angle for the replay. If there is something there you'd hope they'll review it post game.

It's the issue I have with the laws with most players dipping into tackles, often leading with their heads.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'll ask it again. Seriously.

I think I've loss count of how many he's failed to find the touchline or kicked out on the full.

He's a provincial level - maybe even club level - journeyman signed on a short term contract as injury cover for their starter Fergus Burke. Their alternatives are a 23 year old Rivez Reihana, who hasn't proven much better, or a 20 year old Taha Kemara, who has wraps.

At this point they might as well just chuck Kemara in and see what happens. idk how it could get any worse.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
In the immortal words of the great man, Van Humphries, we absolutely rolled those @#$&s tonight. So much to like about that performance and a whole lot of WTF about the Cru. What on earth has happened to them?

Yoda

Billy Sheehan (19)
In the immortal words of the great man, Van Humphries, we absolutely rolled those @#$&s tonight. So much to like about that performance and a whole lot of WTF about the Cru. What on earth has happened to them?
Rob Penny. The man with the opposite skills to Midas!